ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Tapper on Dallas radio today

Tony is pissed OU didn't offer him the D line coaching position. There is a reason The sports animal didn't hire him as well
I believe Casillas is just expressing genuine concern for his alma mater and is really only guilty of being "old school" as far as his perceptions of Bosworth and Mixon. Time will tell how Knight will play at ATM in the SEC.
Casillas strikes me as not being a big "rah rah" guy, but I do not question his (or Tillman's) loyalty to OU.
He has been a good business owner and has done a lot of charitable things since his playing days. He's paid his dues playing football.

I believe Casillas is just expressing genuine concern for his alma mater and is really only guilty of being "old school" as far as his perceptions of Bosworth and Mixon. Time will tell how Knight will play at ATM in the SEC.
Casillas strikes me as not being a big "rah rah" guy, but I do not question his (or Tillman's) loyalty to OU.
He has been a good business owner and has done a lot of charitable things since his playing days. He's paid his dues playing football.
It makes no sense to make comments comparing Mayfield and Knight when TK did absolutely nothing at OU

This thread is turning to the dark side. I don't understand how anyone can not like the OP by DFW. Oh well, the nature of the beast...........

In 2013 Knight had WR's Saunders, Bester and Shepard and an excellent all purpose back in Clay....each of whom were so vital to OU's upset of Alabama and wins over Notre Dame and OSU.
In 2014, only Shepard returned and Knight was cheap-shotted in the Baylor loss and was replaced by Cody Thomas.
Knight started in 15 games in 2013-2014. In the 24 games he played he threw for 3,424 yards and 25 touchdowns, 19 picks, 57 % completion rate. He ran for 853 yards (a 5.6 yard average) and scored 8 touchdowns.
Knight ranks 7th all time in OU history for completions (280), 8th in passing yards, and 10th in total offense.
Everyone here knows Knight made some mistakes (some I feel had to do with flawed play calling), but to say he wasn't a good QB is not being very observant.
Would like to have seen Knight play in Riley's offense (had Mayfield never arrived), for what it's worth.

Knight wasnt a good qb with exception of 3 or 4 games. Perhaps in the right system he will improve. If not, he will still have a college degree and could perhaps be part of the Robertson family. I'm not feeling sorry for him

In 2013 Knight had WR's Saunders, Bester and Shepard and an excellent all purpose back in Clay....each of whom were so vital to OU's upset of Alabama and wins over Notre Dame and OSU.
In 2014, only Shepard returned and Knight was cheap-shotted in the Baylor loss and was replaced by Cody Thomas.
Knight started in 15 games in 2013-2014. In the 24 games he played he threw for 3,424 yards and 25 touchdowns, 19 picks, 57 % completion rate. He ran for 853 yards (a 5.6 yard average) and scored 8 touchdowns.
Knight ranks 7th all time in OU history for completions (280), 8th in passing yards, and 10th in total offense.
Everyone here knows Knight made some mistakes (some I feel had to do with flawed play calling), but to say he wasn't a good QB is not being very observant.
Would like to have seen Knight play in Riley's offense (had Mayfield never arrived), for what it's worth.
Knight was great in 1 game and average in most. He has talent but never seemed to be able to totally control his emotions. He was terrible when he came in for Mayfield last season, but that might not have been totally his fault. Bottom line...great kid, great Bama win, but was a player that was very inconsistent.

Knight wasnt a good qb with exception of 3 or 4 games. Perhaps in the right system he will improve. If not, he will still have a college degree and could perhaps be part of the Robertson family. I'm not feeling sorry for him
Why would anyone feel sorry for him ?
If.....God forbid....Mayfield gets hurt, especially early in the year....we may wish Knight was still around, although I would choose to have Kendall become a solid backup and/or emergency starter.

Given what Mayfield did last year and what he will do this year and in 2017....plus looking at what Heupel, Bradford and White did during the Stoops' era (two Heisman winners and a Heisman finalist)....Knight is clearly low man on the list. With injuries, coaching issues, his own shortcomings and Blake Bell around to bail out OU so often, Knight will remain the "ugly duckling" of OU's quarterbacks in the Stoops' era.

Ctokie do you see Murray sticking around?
I have no idea. That's a good question, though.
If Murray transfers again, I would think it's because of Chris Robison coming in the 2017 class...more than the fact that Mayfield has another year at OU, or that Austin Kendall is around.

Why would he want to leave? I mean sure OU is stocking up a lot of talent at QB. But he has already transferred once, so doing it again would cost him another year of eligibility, PLUS another year of sitting out right?
Good points, BR.
I just hope Robison maintains his commitment. But regardless of what happens, I can't see OU having a quarterback deficiency anytime soon.
Murray never lost a game in high school. His potential is off the charts. But I heard a lot of things from my Aggie side of the family in Houston that Murray's exit from ATM came as a great relief, even though I take that with some doubt, especially in view of ATM having two quarterbacks transfer out at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT