ADVERTISEMENT

Change in the Game Plan...

I wish MLB would be as fan and player friendly.
3-5 hour rain delays.
*Opening the season in northern climates during the first week of the season. (Why not open each season in domed stadiums or places like Arlington (soon to have a domed stadium), San Diego, Atlanta, KC, St.Louis, Oakland, SF, and LA/Anaheim? That would include 14 locations and Baltimore or Washington could be included. Play the first two series of the season away from Chicago, NYC, Boston, Minnesota, Colorado, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.)
*Saturday and Sunday night baseball.
*Weekend playoff games played at night. I miss World Series games in the afternoon.

Speaking of fond memories of the WS...one of my fondest memories was sitting in class in grade school and being allowed to put your head down on your desk while the Yankees vs Dodgers WS games were piped in over the school intercom. Depending on the game location it was either Mel Allen or Red Barber on the play-by-play

Just another annoyance of today's MLB....
Enough of the head-first slides. It has been proven that it doesn't get the runner to the base any quicker than running or even sliding feet first and too often, the runner gets injured.

I wish MLB would be as fan and player friendly.
3-5 hour rain delays.
*Opening the season in northern climates during the first week of the season. (Why not open each season in domed stadiums or places like Arlington (soon to have a domed stadium), San Diego, Atlanta, KC, St.Louis, Oakland, SF, and LA/Anaheim? That would include 14 locations and Baltimore or Washington could be included. Play the first two series of the season away from Chicago, NYC, Boston, Minnesota, Colorado, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.)
*Saturday and Sunday night baseball.
*Weekend playoff games played at night. I miss World Series games in the afternoon.

You sohuld've been a Cub fan. They didn't add lights to Wrigley until the late 80's or so. But then the Cubs were never in the World Series then. ;)

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT