ADVERTISEMENT

Chandler Morris out

So OU has Rattler and newcomer Caleb Williams next year.
Carsten Groos and Colt Atkinson are listed on the roster, for what it's worth. I hope one of them can be a good third team QB.
Morris will have a good career somewhere. I think he's a very good player.

Last edited:
So Rattler will play one more year, Williams will be backup. Then Williams plays 2 years, so looking for a transfer or another 5 star in 2022 class. Morris stayed he probably be starting his junior/senior year.

So Rattler will play one more year, Williams will be backup. Then Williams plays 2 years, so looking for a transfer or another 5 star in 2022 class. Morris stayed he probably be starting his junior/senior year.
NFL wants QBs, they want em now. Riley will serve them.

Wow. Too bad. Can Mordecai stick around or did he already declare or make it official

Rattler will play two more years. He's only a Freshman and his parents want him to graduate from OU. Morris has zero chance of being a starter at OU. He is locked between Rattler and Williams. Williams is reported to be better than Rattler. No where to go but the portal. Tanner Schafer should have another year of eligibility based on this year being a free year. Schafer got a few reps in the Cotton Bowl.

Entering the transfer portal

the portal is a freaking nightmare for college football! No one can count on jack shit with the revolving door of transfers. A team can get lucky on one transfer but have ten others bite them in the ass. Not worth it!

Reactions: Belldozer1
Rattler is a redshirt Freshman he is draft eligible after next season. I see him being a heisman candidate and leaving after next year. Williams wont redshirt and will serve as the backup next year.

Reactions: iasooner1
Rattler will play two more years. He's only a Freshman and his parents want him to graduate from OU. Morris has zero chance of being a starter at OU. He is locked between Rattler and Williams. Williams is reported to be better than Rattler. No where to go but the portal. Tanner Schafer should have another year of eligibility based on this year being a free year. Schafer got a few reps in the Cotton Bowl.
Schafer would be a more than adequate 3rd guy. But we need another scholarship quarterback.

Rattler is a redshirt Freshman he is draft eligible after next season. I see him being a heisman candidate and leaving after next year. Williams wont redshirt and will serve as the backup next year.
Football injuries are now far too much of what the game is about these days.
It's now more important than ever to have a good level of depth on the roster, especially at QB as it is the most important position in football.
OU now may enter 2021 with a Heisman caliber QB for sure and a 5-star freshman backup, but it's really important to have a Mordecai-Chandler as an insurance policy.
I'm fully aware of the desire of Mordecai and Chandler to start for another team and I don't blame them at all for leaving. I just don't like losing both of them at the same time.

Really not sure what these kids are thinking these days. Did he really think he was going to come to OU and beat out the #1 qb recruit in the nation? This is OU kid...you might not start much less play if you aren't the best. They really need to start thinking about this BEFORE they commit to a program.

• Haha
Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Really not sure what these kids are thinking these days. Did he really think he was going to come to OU and beat out the #1 qb recruit in the nation? This is OU kid...you might not start much less play if you aren't the best. They really need to start thinking about this BEFORE they commit to a program.

Maybe he was thinking "I was committed to Arkansas but they fired my dad. It's really late in the recruiting process, so where can I walk on and improve my skills until I find a good place to land?"

Maybe he was thinking "I was committed to Arkansas but they fired my dad. It's really late in the recruiting process, so where can I walk on and improve my skills until I find a good place to land?"

You never know.........you would think they wouldn't wanna bounce around from school to school.

You are asking kids these days to think? Is there an app for that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT