ADVERTISEMENT

Chandler Morris not yet released from OU

Morris has just about zero chance of ever playing quarterback at OU. So IMO, let him go to any school where he thinks he can play. If he can, more power to him.
He played QB at OU last year in several games. Riley is a QB guru and put Morris in the system. He has OU's complete playbook and knows our system. Can he read play call signs? I cannot say but it must be a concern. I believe sitting out a year is in order under the circumstances.

Unless he's bullied into it, I don't think Lincoln is going to change on this one. He doesn't believe guys should move within the conference without sitting a year. There is also innuendo that TCU tampered here. There are plenty of people who believe LR should give on this. I doubt he will.

Scottsdale has it right. It's a rule for a reason. Riley has not stopped Morris from going to TCU. He has only refused to sign off on a waiver to allow him to play. Let him sit. Or go to anothe team out of conference.

Scottsdale has it right. It's a rule for a reason. Riley has not stopped Morris from going to TCU. He has only refused to sign off on a waiver to allow him to play. Let him sit. Or go to anothe team out of conference.
I don't know why Riley is being put in a position to be the bad guy. It is a rule and should not be Riley's option to let him play or make him set out. If it is a conference rule, enforce it. A waiver from Riley could affect Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas State Kansas, West Virginia, Ok State. They have to play against him. If the B12 rules say he has to set out, he should have to set out.

I don't know why Riley is being put in a position to be the bad guy. It is a rule and should not be Riley's option to let him play or make him set out. If it is a conference rule, enforce it. A waiver from Riley could affect Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas State Kansas, West Virginia, Ok State. They have to play against him. If the B12 rules say he has to set out, he should have to set out.

Pandora's box has done been jackhammered open. My fishin season starts in 3 weeks. Time to cruise. 😁

I think the contention here is that Riley granted Austin Kendall a waiver under a similar situation. Kendall was a senior and not a grad transfer as I recall.
I guess I look at it different. Let him go. I believe even when he committed it was noted it could end with a transfer. I don't like another college tampering but that is widespread. If you are good enough it ain't making a difference. If Chandler's inside info beats us we aren't ready.

Reactions: iasooner2000
A little nugget added to this situation. Morris' dad was just named the head coach at Allen High School. OU fans are hoping he doesn't retaliate against OU recruiters.
Thanks Plaino, good to see you. Where did the former Allen coach go and under what circumstances if you happen to know?

The Dallas metro area is a hotbed for recruiting. Now, a spurned father as coach in said recruiting hotbed might lead to some certain repercussions. Follow me?
Whatcha thinking, Chandler released within a week to build a bridge?

The Dallas metro area is a hotbed for recruiting. Now, a spurned father as coach in said recruiting hotbed might lead to some certain repercussions. Follow me?

Actually I don't. We all know DFW is a quality hotbed and very instrumental in the flow of kids to OU primarily due to the proxmity and geographics to Norman. The said new Allen coach is spurned already whether Riley signs a release for TCU or not. He is one coach at one HS program. He doesn't rule the entire DFW metro. Neither does Patterson. I think OU has laid down some pipelines to the DFW schools that offer a history.

Can anyone tell me how many current players on the roster are from Allen? Past players?

Actually I don't. We all know DFW is a quality hotbed and very instrumental in the flow of kids to OU primarily due to the proxmity and geographics to Norman. The said new Allen coach is spurned already whether Riley signs a release for TCU or not. He is one coach at one HS program. He doesn't rule the entire DFW metro. Neither does Patterson. I think OU has laid down some pipelines to the DFW schools that offer a history.

Can anyone tell me how many current players on the roster are from Allen? Past players?
Welp, good luck.

Current
Theo Wease
Past
Kyler Murray
Tay Evans
Bobby Evans
Ej Ndoma-Ogar
Lee Morris

Chris Ferragamo (Banning HS) spoke at an OU coaching clinic about the need for high school coaches to stay clear of steering high school players to particular universities and not interfering in the recruiting process. As he stated, "four things can happen and three of them are bad". Apparently he lost a few friends when he made no attempt to sway his little brother (Vince) away from Nebraska.

The B12 will take a vote on this stuff and most likely will be changing the rule. But until then, it's a rule and Riley isn't changing his tune because a former player's Dad is now the HC @ Allen HS.

Allen is and will continue to be a football factory, but as more people more to this area, more are moving north. Prosper, Little Elm, Denton and of course Frisco with it's 11 different high schools. OU will be just fine recruiting the North Texas area.

Allen is and will continue to be a football factory, but as more people more to this area, more are moving north. Prosper, Little Elm, Denton and of course Frisco with it's 11 different high schools. OU will be just fine recruiting the North Texas area.
Just based on my memory I think we have always missed on more Allen players. And I don't consider KM (the best Allen recruit) because he was a transfer after committing to A&M. With that said I think you still let Chandler go.

Just based on my memory I think we have always missed on more Allen players. And I don't consider KM (the best Allen recruit) because he was a transfer after committing to A&M. With that said I think you still let Chandler go.

Riley will let him go. After the conference changes the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT