ADVERTISEMENT

Cardiac rehab tonight in Plano.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Just finished my third week. They didn't have a spot for me, til a month after my heart attack.

God is good. There are two other Sooner fans there in my 5:30 to 6:30 slot. Even though these are all heart issue guys, (and the guys in this session outnumber the ladies 5 or 6 to 1), I'm the oldest Sooner in the group.

But tonight, I'm wrapping up 16 minutes on the elliptical, and there is this strong black dude in the one next to me and as is my bent, I strike up a conversation. I asked him if he was an athlete, because he's got his elliptical machine set more than twice as high as they'll let me set mine, and he said he was. I asked if he played football or basketball. He said he played DB at OU. I asked when and he said during the days of Billy Sims. So he's almost a decade younger than me. He played hs ball at Garland, and said Billy was his buddy.

I looked him up on Soonerstats and it says he played DB two years and RB for one. He was a big guy for a defensive back in 1980. Name is Herbert Young. Anybody around here know Herbert?

He said he lived in Gomer Jones as a freshman, then Bud house after that. Seems like a really good guy. Despite a bad back, Herbert was getting it done on the elliptical. We're going to see each other down the road. Look forward to hearing a few stories from 79-81.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.