ADVERTISEMENT

Call me impressed...

Houston Astros owner Jim Crane issues over 1100 World Series rings to EVERY member of the organization including the ushers. That's a classy move.

https://www.papercitymag.com/cultur...ngs-every-members-astros-organization-ushers/
He realizes his team is one and done!;)

Houston is a great team especially with their pitching staff. They are young enough to put together a mini-dynasty if they are able to manage successfully free agency.

Wish my Orioles had such a classy and forward-thinking winner for their owner.

He realizes his team is one and done!;)

Houston is a great team especially with their pitching staff. They are young enough to put together a mini-dynasty if they are able to manage successfully free agency.

Wish my Orioles had such a classy and forward-thinking winner for their owner.
Wish my Yankees had the same, but with the Steinbrenners and Cashman running the show, Yankees haters should be very happy for a while.
Since 2000 and outside of 2009, the well has run dry. The so-called "core four" (Jeter, Rivera, Pettitte, Posada) was allowed to age without any future planning, the farm system was ruined (Cano being the only everyday player to emerge from the system for over ten years), and Cashman continues to entangle the team's finances with reckless and costly long term deals....the latest being Giancarlo Stanton, whom the the team did not need and who may not be a player who can perform in a big market.
Like the U.S. government, the Yankees' brain trust refuses to learn from its history.
Cashman is getting lots of love for rebuilding this team on the fly, but here's the reality: it was Cashman who put the team into having to rebuild in the first place.
As a result, it is Houston (my 2nd favorite team) and Boston (my least favorite team) who look to own the American League for a while.
And all this does not include the Yankees radio broadcaster John Sterling (age 79), who has been with the team since 1988 and is the silliest, most unprofessional radio guy in sports. He's an embarrassment to his profession....and yet the Steinbrenners love him. I don't expect a Vin Scully or a Harry Kalas, but this guy flat out sucks....and his home run calls are absurd and childish.
Go Astros !

As this edition of 'Stros baseball has evolved, they are now able to beat you in so many ways. They just went 29 innings w/o an extra base hit yet during that stretch they were 3-1. Their 4th and 5th starters are both either ones or twos on most staffs. They have power, speed, pitching, and defense. They are the most complete team in baseball.

As this edition of 'Stros baseball has evolved, they are now able to beat you in so many ways. They just went 29 innings w/o an extra base hit yet during that stretch they were 3-1. Their 4th and 5th starters are both either ones or twos on most staffs. They have power, speed, pitching, and defense. They are the most complete team in baseball.
Agree. And with youth and the baseball "I.Q." of the Astros' front office, this team looks to have an impressive run for a few years.
Watching the pregame celebration at Minute Maid Park last week was bittersweet. I wish my late brother (1943-2015) could have seen the celebration since he followed the team since 1962. No one loved or followed the Astros more than he did. It was a very emotional event for me and my family to watch. Regardless, I hope it is repeated many more times.

Wish my Yankees had the same, but with the Steinbrenners and Cashman running the show, Yankees haters should be very happy for a while.
Since 2000 and outside of 2009, the well has run dry. The so-called "core four" (Jeter, Rivera, Pettitte, Posada) was allowed to age without any future planning, the farm system was ruined (Cano being the only everyday player to emerge from the system for over ten years), and Cashman continues to entangle the team's finances with reckless and costly long term deals....the latest being Giancarlo Stanton, whom the the team did not need and who may not be a player who can perform in a big market.
Like the U.S. government, the Yankees' brain trust refuses to learn from its history.
Cashman is getting lots of love for rebuilding this team on the fly, but here's the reality: it was Cashman who put the team into having to rebuild in the first place.
As a result, it is Houston (my 2nd favorite team) and Boston (my least favorite team) who look to own the American League for a while.
And all this does not include the Yankees radio broadcaster John Sterling (age 79), who has been with the team since 1988 and is the silliest, most unprofessional radio guy in sports. He's an embarrassment to his profession....and yet the Steinbrenners love him. I don't expect a Vin Scully or a Harry Kalas, but this guy flat out sucks....and his home run calls are absurd and childish.
Go Astros !
Machado just auditioned for Cashman a couple of days ago. Judge has been selling him already on New York. Machado is a great 3B-SS option for the Bombers. Camden Yards is a great hitters ballpark as are most of the stadiums in baseball now. Playing at Yankee stadium with the lineup protection they afford, Manny would potentially be a 50 homer infielder for NY. The Stanton acquisition will prevent Harper from coming to the Yankees.

Angelos has ruined Oriole baseball and Manny will walk away from Baltimore at the end of the season (free agency). Maybe at the trading deadline, we will be lucky to get $.25 on the dollar for him as we held on to him too long. He wants big money and Angelos won't pay him what he's worth. We will have little to nothing in player return for his eventual loss Angelos sucks as an owner and my frustration level these past several years with him at the helm has me fried.

2 on at the corners, no outs, Maur at the plate, clinging to a 1-0 lead in the 6th, in 20 degree weather...JUSTIN F'in Verlander!!!

ADVERTISEMENT