ADVERTISEMENT

Briles to Texas?

In todays College Football World YES anything is possible. After what Bobby Petrino did to Arkansas there are a lot of piggie fans that would welcome him back unconditionally. Louisville took him back even after what he did to them. Its more about winning nowadays than character or respect so yes I would not be one bit surprised if it happened.

Reactions: Oklabama
In todays College Football World YES anything is possible. After what Bobby Petrino did to Arkansas there are a lot of piggie fans that would welcome him back unconditionally. Louisville took him back even after what he did to them. Its more about winning nowadays than character or respect so yes I would not be one bit surprised if it happened.

I don't think Texas would ever hire Briles; however, I agree with everything else you posted. Winning absolutely does trump character and respect among other personal traits when considering head coach positions at many, not all, universities.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I don't think Texas would ever hire Briles; however, I agree with everything else you posted. Winning absolutely does trump character and respect among other personal traits when considering head coach positions at many, not all, universities.

I think Briles is likely done at the FBS level as I just can't see any program wanting to touch him with the recent revelations at Baylor. I am not even sure he would surface at the FCS level at this point.

I suggested this same thing to some Whorn friends of mine and they were pretty much shocked at the thought of it. I don't think he has a shot at any top program, regardless of how 'righteous' he thinks he is...

I guess you can say anything can happen and never say never. But Briles is just so radioactive right now that I just don't see any legit programs giving him a chance now, or at least the foreseeable future. Now I guess some of the lower tier programs and bottom feeders may pony up and roll the dice with the guy since their football programs are just so awful they may think it's worth it. But I don't see any bigtime programs touching him at all. And that includes Texas.

I guess you can say anything can happen and never say never. But Briles is just so radioactive right now that I just don't see any legit programs giving him a chance now, or at least the foreseeable future. Now I guess some of the lower tier programs and bottom feeders may pony up and roll the dice with the guy since their football programs are just so awful they may think it's worth it. But I don't see any bigtime programs touching him at all. And that includes Texas.

Texas El Paso would be a good landing spot for Briles. LOL

Briles is way too toxic. No way. Houston may take him if Herman leaves.

My thoughts as well. He might as well try to land in another conference as on Offensive Coordinator. I just don't see him working in the state of texas and even the idea of Houston brining him back probably doesn't have much support.

My thoughts as well. He might as well try to land in another conference as on Offensive Coordinator. I just don't see him working in the state of texas and even the idea of Houston brining him back probably doesn't have much support.

I agree with all of you about how toxic Briles is, BUT I wouldn't be surprised if the Houston fans wouldn't welcome him back with open arms. They have tasted the honey that comes with winning and they fear what may come back if Herman leaves.

I do think Herman is gone. LSU has already made a play for him and word on local news in Houston is that he's waiting to 'officially' hear from UT after tomorrow's game. Herman is in play.

I can't imagine Texas' alums, or administration, or any other orangeblood allowing that. At least not now.

Briles is a little like Charlie. He'd much rather coach and do all the details involved with that, so long as it doesn't include media. I can't imagine he'd be a good fit. I believe Art will be an NFL coach for a while. If anywhere. Now Art to Miami might me interesting. They loved thugs before. Maybe they'd like the perfect thug coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT