ADVERTISEMENT

Bottomline is... OU IS LOADED!!! (an in depth look)

SoonerBorn_LionBred

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2009
Towson MD (By way of Tulsa)
I am already starting to see the 2016 depth charts appear... I really dont think folks understand the DEPTH THAT OU will have next year... So since the market is slow right now I will used my bored to provide my breakdown

QB- Mayfield soph/jr? Potential Heisman winner this year, front runner next year, and the fact that he's not 6'4 220 means if he gets a 3rd year he will be back...
Trevor Knight Jr IMO the best backup out there, he cannot handle the pressures of starting full time, of the bench we saw the Sugar Bowl...

HB- Perine Soph - (No speech needed) Mixon RS Frosh one of the best dual threat backs in the country and will get better

FB- Flowers love this kid only a Soph.

WR- Losing Shep will hurt but another spring to develop Westbrook, Andrews, Miller, Mead,Green, etc it will be scary next year you may see some transfers here

O-Line Drop off at Center maybe... But the Tackles will be better Samia and baby Zeus are current Frosh All-American Candidates and Frison back next they will only be better.

D-Line the spoils of the riches. Tapp is gone but that opens up Walker to be a full time starter plus he gets another spring in the weight room!!! Dimon will better and Romar, Wade, and Ward all gain valuable play time. Then you have the big boys like Orso that are waiting in the wings... You may see some transfers here

LB- Striker (along with Shep) will be the hardest to replace Alexander and Evans will be 3 year starters with another spring and summer in the weight room. I think Obo picks up where Strike left off and he's bigger and stronger and will play the run better between one of these sensational freshman recruits or someone currently in house Bond will have good replacement too. Arthur will bring depth at ILB

DB- Alot of guys will be scratching for playtime here. EVERYBODY is back and once again they will have another spring and summer in the weight room (I think you guys realize how important this is lol) I see alot of guys leaving here too the competition will very strong!!!

Special Team- Ross and Co. are back and I love OU putting the starters on special teams

Summary- If this team with minimal expectations from most can rebound and push to the heights they are at now. I see something special. Depth breed competition and competition breeds production! The hard part for OU is meeting expectations its something about coming in ranked in the top 5 that makes me cringe! And I hope OU can live to those expectations they rest of this year all next year.

Reactions: MichSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.