ADVERTISEMENT

BOREN'S ANNOUNCEMENT...LIVE TWEETS...

Makes one wonder if this has any connection to Bob's Retiring...Surely the BOR wouldn't consider hiring a Jock to run The University...Or WOULD they?

Reactions: iasooner1
No way, there's far too many technical decisions made by the President's office.
Having done research at OU and requiring discussions and decisions to be made by the President's office on a number of occasions, I can say comfortably that Bob's head would be spinning and he would resign by lunch on his first day.

And for those that haven't heard this story and possibly don't know about Boren's "superhuman" power, he claims to never forget anyone he ever meets, and I had the chance to test that. I said in another thread that I took his political science class as a freshman. The next time I met him was as a grad student in that research role where I was approaching his office about the marketing of our technology, and sure enough he remembered who I was.

No way, there's far too many technical decisions made by the President's office.
Having done research at OU and requiring discussions and decisions to be made by the President's office on a number of occasions, I can say comfortably that Bob's head would be spinning and he would resign by lunch on his first dayCool.

And for those that haven't heard this story and possibly don't know about Boren's "superhuman" power, he claims to never forget anyone he ever meets, and I had the chance to test that. I said in another thread that I took his political science class as a freshman. The next time I met him was as a grad student in that research role where I was approaching his office about the marketing of our technology, and sure enough he remembered who I was.

Cool story... I didn't know that about him. Thanks for sharing, ummmm what's your name again? :)

The chimps over on the Uterus board have this thing all figured out. The Board of Regents is forcing Boren out because he wants to stay in the Big 12 and the BOR wants OU in the Big 10. They maybe made Stoops "retire" for the same reason. You can't make this level of stupid up.

Nevermind that President Boren has been working on his retirement plan since last year. It's been the worst kept secret at OU for some time now. I'm pretty sure I told @iasooner1 on the phone sometime around graduation that this was going to be Boren's last year.

https://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/oklahoma-forcing-out-boren.326700/

I'm banned over there so I can't post any pleasantries. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT