ADVERTISEMENT

Boren is being investigated for sexual misconduct with males.

Many of us have probably heard these rumors for many years

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/sta...cle_2ca0f2cf-dcd6-591c-8261-26576488b27d.html

The University of Oklahoma is paying one of the largest law firms in the world to investigate former President David Boren, sources have confirmed.

Investigators with the Jones Day law firm have asked whether Boren sexually harassed male aides, sources said.
Rumors like this have circulated since he was Governor more than 40 years ago.

I've heard the rumors too, but all I know is that he was one helluva U.S. Senator and university president.

Like most of these allegations made against people in power, it's going to come down to one person's word against another. Even though there might be photos, audio or video recordings or a paper trail showing someone was paid off for their silence, some will not believe the truth.

Reactions: iasooner1
David Boren did a lot for our state as an U.S. Senator for many years and was a wonderful President of OU for 24 years. There were almost no criticisms of him in his long tenure at OU but he had many accolades for his great accomplishments at OU.
David Boren was loved by those in the academic part of OU and was equally loved by those in the athletic side of OU led by Joe Costiglione and Bob Stoops.

I don't think any past OU President accomplished so much for the benefit of OU as did David Boren.

Boren is innocent in my mind until proven guilty.

Last edited:
David Boren being gay is the worst "secret" in the history of mankind. I knew his room mate at OU ... so if there is anyone out there that just now discovered his sexual preference then you are decades behind the times. :)

I'm not going to pile on Boren as I thought [for the most part] he did a good job at OU. However, in the end, I believe he did plenty of harm as well. He did re-build the OU campus. He did some good things, but he also did some not so good things.

I'm going to link this article from a long time OU professor who come to the defense of new President James Gallogly. He points out the negatives of David Boren likely to long term at OU.

https://www.soonerpolitics.org/edit...SzQRGyxD8ZBeYRNXw9ogj-RoHxs7IgaIUZP5aPK1MNnLI

David Boren being gay is the worst "secret" in the history of mankind. I knew his room mate at OU ... so if there is anyone out there that just now discovered his sexual preference then you are decades behind the times. :)

I'm not going to pile on Boren as I thought [for the most part] he did a good job at OU. However, in the end, I believe he did plenty of harm as well. He did re-build the OU campus. He did some good things, but he also did some not so good things.

I'm going to link this article from a long time OU professor who come to the defense of new President James Gallogly. He points out the negatives of David Boren likely to long term at OU.

https://www.soonerpolitics.org/edit...SzQRGyxD8ZBeYRNXw9ogj-RoHxs7IgaIUZP5aPK1MNnLI
Wow Looks like Boren took OU way down the rabbit hole and turned it into another Berkley....this is not the OU I knew ....

The $billion debt Boren created is a huuuge issue.....Gallogly can handle that given time.....the dive down the rabbit hole to the left liberal indoctrination camp is tougher to correct...probably gives a boost to OSU unfortunately, but it is what it is, TexASS seems to be able to survive as a flaky far left indoctrination camp...

Reactions: Soonerheart
I havee a feeling that someone of these 'leftist' policies are the ones responsible for the no horns down fiasco.

ADVERTISEMENT