ADVERTISEMENT

Boom

Good addition at running back.
So now, 14 commitments:
8 on offense
6 on defense.
8 from Texas
1 each from Oklahoma, North Carolina, D.C., California, Kansas, and Arizona.
A 5-star WR (Wease)
The top TE from Texas (Stogner)
The top player from Kansas (DE Hicks)
And arguably the top QB in the nation (Spencer Rattler, who may enroll at OU early)
One linebacker, so far.

I have read that this month (July) will bring more good news on the recruiting trail.

J.D. Runnels said,
"I don’t take what I’m about to say lightly. Would not say it if I didn’t mean it. Marcus Major is the closest high school RB I’ve seen to Adrian Peterson."

Not sure how to feel about that comment. If that were true, then I'm expecting this kid to be a 5-star before it's all said and done.

J.D. Runnels said,
"I don’t take what I’m about to say lightly. Would not say it if I didn’t mean it. Marcus Major is the closest high school RB I’ve seen to Adrian Peterson."

Not sure how to feel about that comment. If that were true, then I'm expecting this kid to be a 5-star before it's all said and done.
About Major and Peterson being compared, I'll say now that the only similarity between them is that they both have armpit hair.

About Major and Peterson being compared, I'll say now that the only similarity between them is that they both have armpit hair.
LOL :D:D

Well just watched some of his highlight film, and he does have a similar running style as AD. So maybe Runnels wasn't exactly meaning Major has the potential or talent as AD. Because man if this kid had AD talent or potential, this kids recruiting ranking would be off the charts.

But watching his film the kid looks damn exciting!!

Reactions: JDRunnels
Lawton HS has a senior RB named Miles Davis who, while a bit undersized by D1 standards, is fast and tough. He's also a great kid from a great family and extremely solid on the classroom. I understand that Major is considered the best RB in the state but it's going to be weird for me watching Davis play for somebody else--probably against OU. There will definitely be some mixed emotions for me if that happens.

LOL :D:D

Well just watched some of his highlight film, and he does have a similar running style as AD. So maybe Runnels wasn't exactly meaning Major has the potential or talent as AD. Because man if this kid had AD talent or potential, this kids recruiting ranking would be off the charts.

But watching his film the kid looks damn exciting!!

As JCon and others have mentioned before, just look at the offer list. 6 months ago, he was unheard of. I ain't worried about no stinkin' stars. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT