Bob Stoops Big 12 Teleconference

Carey Murdock

Sooner starter
Staff
Dec 6, 2001
Norman, OK
www.soonerscoop.com
On Butch Jones...

Butch has done a great job. He always does, even at Cincinnati as well. They've changed a little bit from a year ago when we played them, switching quarterbacks. They finished really well last year.

On biggest challenge Saturday...

Being able to manage their running game with running backs and quarterbacks. They have excellent speed at receiver, very big up front. Those are a few areas.

On his team...

I thought we did a good job in most areas. There's always things you need to correct in all areas, but I was pleased.

On Baker's performance and what impressed him most...

Just his decision making and ability to make some plays and to hang onto the ball a few extra counts for something to break open and have the patience to do it.

On expectations for Mayfield this weekend...

We'll do our thing and we'll expect him to run our offense like he did a week ago.

On Baker stepping up as a leader...

Just to do his job. He's an excitable guy. He's always been a hard worker and he leads by example that way and by making good decisions on the field.

On Lincoln Riley...

I thought he did a great job of letting it come to us. We had some issues early on, some with penalties and some with execution that didn't allow us to move the ball early. He didn't panic and he had patience and it started to happen for us. I thought he did an excellent job.

On Eric Striker...

He's really the heart of the defense. Eric is a key leader for us. He has the pulse of everybody and he gets everybody going.

On if Striker is his best pass rusher at OU...

We've been fortunate to have a few here but Eric's up there with all of them.

On playing in Knoxville before...

It's always great. It'll be exciting and it's what you want. It'll be an exciting atmosphere for sure.

On Josh Dobbs vs. Worley...

Well there's a lot more quarterback run game. That's obvious to everybody including us.

On experience playing on road and if they'll flinch in Knoxville...

Well c'mon, we've just come off the last five years with series against Notre Dame and Florida State before that. We've been on this stage before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.