ADVERTISEMENT

Board opinion on how FAU has approached our QB situation

77apologetics

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2015
Hopefully some coaching types or knowledgeable x and o guys will respond, but just pondering how much time FAU is spending on prep for kyler vs austin. Also, is the prep that much different in facing these two?

Just my opinion, but I would think they are going to key a bit early on the run until the qb shows he can throw. (no matter who is named starter) Is the structure of the defense going to change at all with either one? I can certainly see them emphasize watching for the qb escape and trying to keep contain with the rush more so with kyler, but it is not like they can ignore that aspect with austin. He can keep the chains moving with scrambles...kyler is just the bigger threat to score on similar scramble chances. For instance, the same first play against west virginia, should austin have been the one to tuck that ball...it gets a first down probably, but not much more in my opinion.

Anyway, just bringing this up kinda with regard to the timing issue of when to name a starter. People have differing opinions on that. The argument for naming later is to keep FAU guessing. I guess my question is, does it really matter to FAU that much. And I would say they are just expecting kyler and their players probably are too. Have a good week fellas, this is just the first bye week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.