ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Snyder pens letter to KSU students

sooner_mike1

Sooner starter
Jan 31, 2010
I have a real hard time disliking Coach Snyder. I was surprised to see that was the worst home loss in KSU history.

Bill Snyder writes letter to Kansas State students apologizing for Oklahoma loss

By Sam Cooper 57 minutes ago Dr. Saturday

Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder is known for writing letters to players on opposing teams after great performances, but on Monday, Snyder penned a different kind of letter.

According to the Wichita Eagle, Snyder sent a letter to Kansas State students apologizing for his team’s embarrassing 55-0 loss to Oklahoma over the weekend.

The letter was distributed via email by KSU athletics. Here’s what it said:

Kansas State University Students,

First, let me thank you for caring so very much about our football family of which you are a tremendous part. And, please accept my apology for the manner in which we represented you on Saturday. I know you are pained by the outcome, as I am. I hope that you will appreciate our players for never giving up even in the face of such adversity and the loss of so many of their teammates. I am proud of them and must do a better job of preparing them than I did Saturday. Please know you are greatly appreciated and considered a major part of this football family.

Thank you again for caring,

Bill Snyder

The loss was the third straight to a ranked Big 12 opponent for the Wildcats, dropping the team’s record to 3-3 on the season. The first two losses – to Oklahoma State and TCU – were by a combined total of only nine points, but Saturday’s loss to the Sooners was the worst shutout home loss in program history.

The Wildcats have a chance to get back on track this weekend with a road matchup at Texas (2-4)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.