ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Week # 3 - my picks

kcstorm06

Sooner starter
Aug 31, 2006
Overland Park KS
This week should have quite a few tight games...and possibly a couple OT games. YTD record has improved to 15-4-1.

OU @ Iowa State 38-6 OU (amended)
Rutgers @ KU 27-21 Rutgers
WVU @ NC State 33-31 WVU
Boise State @ OSU 28-24 Boise St.
Duke @ Baylor 35-27 Duke
UTSA @ K-State 38-17 K-State
Houston @ Tech 44-31 Houston
Ohio State @ TCU 38-34 Ohio State
USC @ Texas 36-31 USC

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
2 games outside of the OU - ISU interest me most.

OSU - Boise - this should be a great game with BSU out to prove they belong this year while OSU in my opinion seems to be underestimated by many at this point. I dont think BSU will find the Pokes as easy as UConn was for them and think OSU wins 37-23. However if they lose to BSU it wont hurt my feelings.

TCU - TOSU - man of all the games this weekend I hope the Horned Frogs shove that FB right up the Buckeyes ass to shut that fan base up. Would love to see the meltdown by a few of there posters on the main board. Sadly though I think the Buckeyes win 35-24. Please TCU make me wrong!

OU - ISU - if our defense continues to play the way it has we should all be breathing easy by halftime or by the end of the 3rd easily. Something tells me though this game will go into the 4th before I feel comfortable. OU wins 24-10.

Reactions: Schoonerman

OSU - Boise - this should be a great game with BSU out to prove they belong this year while OSU in my opinion seems to be underestimated by many at this point. I dont think BSU will find the Pokes as easy as UConn was for them and think OSU wins 37-23. However if they lose to BSU it wont hurt my feelings.

TCU - TOSU - man of all the games this weekend I hope the Horned Frogs shove that FB right up the Buckeyes ass to shut that fan base up. Would love to see the meltdown by a few of there posters on the main board. Sadly though I think the Buckeyes win 35-24. Please TCU make me wrong!

OU - ISU - if our defense continues to play the way it has we should all be breathing easy by halftime or by the end of the 3rd easily. Something tells me though this game will go into the 4th before I feel comfortable. OU wins 24-10.

I would not be at all surprised to see the TCU Ohio State and OSU Boise State games go to OT. My two toughest picks of week.

That sucks bad...could have been WV’s first real challenge. They have been eating cupcakes with lots of icing so far. Shakes head.

I agree as I think NCS would have given us a better guage of how good they are. Tennessee name wise looked good on their schedule but its been a long time Since the Vols have been really good.

I agree as I think NCS would have given us a better guage of how good they are. Tennessee name wise looked good on their schedule but its been a long time Since the Vols have been really good.

Yes agree completely. Tennessee was weaker opponent than FAU or UCLA. That program is still a train wreck. Maybe one of these days the couch burners will play a real defense.

Horns are weak. Herman needs to quit kissing and start ass kicking. The spit swapping continues.......USC by 10.

The only heads bigger than horn fans are THE fans. TCU gives them the bitch slap............frogs by 6.

I believe KU beats Rutgers.

I agree with Soonerborn on all of these points.
I think the Pokes win by double digits in The Stool, but the game is not out of Boise's grasp until late in the game. Had this game been played on the blue turf, it's a much, much closer game, but the Pokes still win.

I like TCU at home vs. the Buckeyes, but my gut tells me tOSU has just enough defense to stop the Frogs in key situations to win a close one.

With Anderson's injury and a pretty decent ISU defense, OU struggles for a minute and the Clones keep it close. OU gets untracked and wins, but doesn't cover the 17 point spread.

USC is going to spank the horns in Austin and walk out with at least a 14 point victory.

Ever since Bob Stoops laid egg in that bowl, I have loathed Boise State and their clown act. Hate Pokes just as much...maybe a 55-50 OT game will make each other look like chumps.

My late brother, a Rutgers grad, believed that Rutgers is hurt by its proximity to NYC and its having to recruit NJ kids away from Notre Dame, Big Ten rivals, as well as teams in the South.
As an inhabitant of New England (Connecticut) since 1986, and having come from Houston before that and having attended OU from 1968-70, I can say with certainty that NY and New England are not college football havens and are all about following professional sports. This fact also works against teams like Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College, UConn and Temple.
Rutgers is in a good recruiting area, in NJ and next door to Pennsylvania, but except for a handful of decent teams sprinkled along the way, it has never really made any significant mark on the CFB landscape....other than playing the first college game against Princeton in 1869.
Bottom line is this: Rutgers has never established itself as a "brand name" and likely never will.
As for Army.....I hope it can give OU a decent showing, which isn't likely.....but if the score climbs to "half-a-hundred" I hope OU's players remember that these Army players will someday be defending them.

1st qtr. Boise State I thought the Big 12 was really really bad. Now I think we're just a little bad. Duke put Baylor back in their place. I thought OU would do as they please in Ames after watching ISU against Iowa. OU looks like a typical M. Stoops defense. At least I got to see ISU punt at least once in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT