ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Needs To Expand Now

Soonlobo

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Somewhere in the Oklahoma Boonies
I absolutely hate the fact Boren has us stuck in this crummy conference. Boren should have pointed OU towards the SEC.

Whoever wins the Big 12 this year will probably get left out of the playoff again. Baylor's non-conference schedule is so bad they could go undefeated and get left out due to a one-loss contender seen as a better team. And now it appears TCU may be in the same boat. OU has a better non-conference schedule than either Baylor or TCU but the Texas loss will hurt unless UT turns it around dramatically. OSU had a poor non-conference schedule also.

I hate to say it but it's time to offer BYU admittance into the Big 12. I don't like it one bit, the Cougar fans are more obnoxious than Texas or TTech fans, but this stupid conference has painted its members into a corner. BYU and Houston are about the only schools left until 2020 that can help raise the Big 12 into a position where the conference has a championship game and gets back into a position of relevance again.

Dallas radio was discussing this topic this morning and it just makes too much sense. The stupid greedy member schools other than OU and Texas in this conference want just 10 members but it is hurting the chances of a football playoff spot.

The Big 12 needs two more members for the next 5 years until this all shakes out into 4 big conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.