ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 cracking down on taunting?

Frankly, all I'd like to see on this issue is consistency. If a "Horns down" gesture is going to draw a flag, then a "Hook 'em Horns" sign thrown in the face of an opposing player should draw the same penalty. Otherwise, it's just another case of sandy vag on UT's part.
Oh yes, make no mistake about it, it is definitely a case of sandy vag. B12 is just applying some burnt orange vagisil. Uterus has two bands now. Some woke genius decided they needed to add a woke song to represent. The longhorns are a year or two away from fielding girls
😁

I don’t see the “hook em horn” sign as a taunt anymore than the OSU “pistol” gesture or the A&M “gig em” sign (with thumb and pinky extended). But I do see it as a way to motivate OU to beat Texas as often as it has in recent years.
The taunting I want to see are excessive celebrations, standing over a fallen player and folding arms, dropping the ball before crossing the goal line, slowing down or running backwards crossing the goal line, and the crap Bookie did so often with no reprimand from Riley or any of the other coaches. Bookie was, to me, the poster boy for the “all about me” athlete which has become an epidemic throughout sports. It’s way out of control in the NFL and is gaining more and more popularity down into the college ranks. It’s also a reason that I don’t enjoy NFL football as every game is like watching a prison yard rumble.

I remember the letter sweaters of the fifties too.

It's all about entertainment. In this case, show boating is good clean fun. It's harmless. It's entertaining. and it's effective. It plays on emotions and some players can't handle it. So be better. Toughen up mentally. Fans too. We all saw the female Longhorn student flipping the bird in the stands after OU scored last yeaer (I think). I found it down right entertaining as hell. Her emotions got away from her and she lost control.

It's really a strange world when it comes to CFB. The schools of the SWC all had 'hand signs'. It's a crazy phenom for sure. Few if any of the schools or student bodies outside of the SWC used or had hand gestures to identify their respective school/team. I'm not sure of the history on them either. I mean like who started doing them first? I suspect it was Texas as it is the easiest one to create etc. But eventually every school in Texas was tossing their hand gestures around. I can't imagine someone sitting aound attempting to place their fingers in certain positions to create an identity of who they cheer & support... but they did. And then actually have that hand gesture catch on and sweep across their respective campus. Crazy stuff. My point is... OU never had one of these. Some say holding the pointing finger up as #1 but really most Sooner fans, the school, players, and even coaches have adopted the 'horns down' gesture. It has gotten worse over the last 20 years or so as well. I'm not complaining, just pointing out the desires for some to attempt to control it. As for me personally, I believe any hand gesture thrown by any player to another player should be allowed. Entertain me.

If you don't want me to toss up a hand signal... then beat me. Play better. Be better.

I don’t see the “hook em horn” sign as a taunt anymore than the OSU “pistol” gesture or the A&M “gig em” sign (with thumb and pinky extended). But I do see it as a way to motivate OU to beat Texas as often as it has in recent years.
The taunting I want to see are excessive celebrations, standing over a fallen player and folding arms, dropping the ball before crossing the goal line, slowing down or running backwards crossing the goal line, and the crap Bookie did so often with no reprimand from Riley or any of the other coaches. Bookie was, to me, the poster boy for the “all about me” athlete which has become an epidemic throughout sports. It’s way out of control in the NFL and is gaining more and more popularity down into the college ranks. It’s also a reason that I don’t enjoy NFL football as every game is like watching a prison yard rumble.
Alot of the NFL players belong in prison. NFL protects them. 😁

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Sportsmanship and respecting opponents has become a thing of the past.
There’s a new generation of fans and athletes that regard sports as an outlet to act like fools and jerks.

Sportsmanship and respecting opponents has become a thing of the past.
There’s a new generation of fans and athletes that regard sports as an outlet to act like fools and jerks.
All is not lost my friend. There is still a large group, maybe not the majority, which does it right...players and fans. This is nothing new just more numbers buying into the ridiculousness and more cameras/cameras.

They start this crap every year and it just increases the sales of tee shirts and maybe draws a few flags in the beginning.
Whichever team scores will flash their hand gestures before during and after the game with gusto.
Horns down aplenty please this season !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT