ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Bowl Schedule & my predictions

kcstorm06

Sooner starter
Aug 31, 2006
Overland Park KS
Here are my very early thoughts on the Big 12 bowl games....

12/26 - Cheez It
TCU 28 Cal 17

12/27 - Academy Sports & Outdoor
Baylor 31 Vanderbilt 23

12/28 - Camping World
West Virginia 54 Syracuse 27

12/28 - Valero Alamo
Iowa State 28 Washington St. 24

12/29 - Capital One Orange
Alabama - OU
Score on hold. Hoping Hollywood is healed up fully. He is the wild card.

12/31 - Auto Zone Liberty
Okie Lite 48 Mizzou 45

1/1 - All State Sugar
Georgia 42 Shorthorns 35
Amending score to closer with news of GA DC not coaching in the Bowl. Georgia 35 Shorthorns 33. I would not be surprised to see Ehlinger beat them...it could come down to a kicker battle.

Last edited:
Here are my very early thoughts on the Big 12 bowl games....

12/26 - Cheez It
TCU 28 Cal 17

12/27 - Academy Sports & Outdoor
Baylor 31 Vanderbilt 23

12/28 - Camping World
West Virginia 54 Syracuse 27

12/28 - Valero Alamo
Iowa State 28 Washington St. 24

12/29 - Capital One Orange
Alabama - OU
Score on hold. Hoping Hollywood is healed up fully. He is the wild card.

12/31 - Auto Zone Liberty
Okie Lite 48 Mizzou 45

1/1 - All State Sugar
Georgia 42 Shorthorns 35

No way we score 35 on Georgia. I'll say Georgia 48 us 24

No way we score 35 on Georgia. I'll say Georgia 48 us 24

I agree with you. I'm thinking something like 31-17, 31-20, though. I don't think UGA will score 48, for sure. The name of the game for UT in this one is ball control and Ehlinger's accuracy. He missed a few easy ones to guys running free yesterday.

I agree with most except ISU - WSU and OSU - MU as I think both those may go the other way. I hope not and at this point with all the griping about UGA not getting in I hope Texas beats them. Damn I feel dirty now.

LSU beat the Dawgs by 20...your offense is way ahead of LSU. I expect a pretty close game.

Our offense won't spend much time on the field. Their offense will abuse our defense. I wish I was as optimistic as you are about it. No 4 loss team belongs in NY day bowl. WVU should be the team going.
In any case it'll be a fun road trip. Good luck to you guys. You have quite the challenge ahead.

Reactions: veritas59
I agree with you. I'm thinking something like 31-17, 31-20, though. I don't think UGA will score 48, for sure. The name of the game for UT in this one is ball control and Ehlinger's accuracy. He missed a few easy ones to guys running free yesterday.

I agree about his accuracy. He's a baller and we haven't had that much heart at that position in a long time but he must improve his accuracy if we are going to win the conference next year.

I agree about his accuracy. He's a baller and we haven't had that much heart at that position in a long time but he must improve his accuracy if we are going to win the conference next year.
Hell, who knows, maybe he pulls a Trevor Knight vs. Bama?! I'm one OU fan that will actually be pulling for UT.

I have amended the Sugar Bowl score to 35-33 Georgia. I have a gut feeling Blankenship kicks the Dawgs into a win in a tight game.

Not liking our chances in the Sugar Bowl.

Well for one we shouldn't even be there. No 4 loss team has any business in that bowl. Might as well go and see what happens. For once there's no pressure on us to win a big game. All the pressure is on Georgia. No one expects us to win, including half our fan base (myself included).

Auburn played the Sooners two or three years ago as runner up in the SEC with 3 losses and ended up with 4 losses after the game. Longhorns need to stop whining and kick some bulldog buts and set yourselves up for 2019 season.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
In meaningless bowl games (any not tied into a championship), the losing team “wasn’t into it/didn’t care” and the winning team “cared”.
It’s always been that way, and always will be that way. Not sure why this is even being debated. The losing team’s fanbase dismisses it to save face. The winning team’s fanbase claims the win for their debate resumés.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT