ADVERTISEMENT

Best Wins of the Bob Stoops Era Tournament

Most of my picks seem to go with the consensus. It was much easier choosing from the more recent games. I had to dust off the cobwebs on some of the earlier games.

Results of round 1.
Best-Wins-of-Stoops-Era-Bracket.V3.jpg

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Best-Wins-of-Stoops-Era-Bracket.V3.jpg

Here are the results for round 4. OUvsFSU 2000 was the hands down winner of its bracket while OUvsNEB 2000 and OUvsALA 2013 was much closer. OUvsNeb 2000 and OUvsFSU 2000 in the finals.

Best-Wins-of-Stoops-Era-Bracket.V7-1024x858.jpg

Reactions: iasooner1
Without getting involved in this, I could not see any other game topping the 2001 Orange Bowl win over Florida State. There were many great wins and many games more exciting, but:
The game was Stoops' only championship and it was the last one OU has had.
The win put Stoops into the ring of elite coaches for the rest of his tenure, even through some big game failures.

Without getting involved in this, I could not see any other game topping the 2001 Orange Bowl win over Florida State. There were many great wins and many games more exciting, but:
The game was Stoops' only championship and it was the last one OU has had.
The win put Stoops into the ring of elite coaches for the rest of his tenure, even through some big game failures.

Very hard to argue against. But in defense of the 2000 Nebraska game, the significance of the win was monumental. A return to the top of the polls and conquering what had basically been arguably the top program in football over the past decade.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT