ADVERTISEMENT

Belldozer to '49ers...

Reactions: Medic007
I believe the rule change is something like, you will choose on your extra point, aka, the TRY, whether you will go for one or two. The NFL doesn't like having a nearly automatic extra point. So they're voting or at least considering whether to make the kick a little harder and the two pointer a little easier.

If you choose to kick, they will move the ball back, I think the 10 YL.

If you choose to go for the 2 points, you get it at the one YL. I personally think it's a horrible idea. I think the number one problem in the game, I mean besides too many thugs playing it, is injuries. Nothing else is a close second. Anyone who doesn't think this will up the injury rate is being foolish. It would be hard to score from the one. But you'd start to see some major beef head to head in some scenarios.

They played some preseason games last year with all placements for the TRY on I think the 10 YL. Might have been the 12 or 13. But the problem with doing that is that if you need to go for two, it's a very hard task. So if they move the XP back, which I dislike, then they have to have a separate YL to line up to go for 2. I have no idea what the result will be if you line up to kick, botch the snap or whatever, and then get it across the goal line on a run or pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT