ADVERTISEMENT

Be the BULLY

dallasmike

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
I have noticed that in the last few years, we always seem to play down to the competition. YOU HAVE TO BE THE BULLY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IF YOU WANT TO BE ELITE... PERIOD! And I am not talking about ripping your helmet off after a play (you know who you are), I am talking about dominating the guy across from you every single play regardless of score, or who they are, on every single play. We seem to have become a very NICE TEAM in the last few years. I am terrified every game because I am not sure who is showing up. I thought with BV we were going to become the BULLY again, but we have not. We almost seem to play with FEAR (minus a few games). Texas game last year you could feel the 'hate'. But then you get beat the very next week by a lesser opponent. You didn't see the Saban Alabama teams, the Kirby Smart Georgia teams (anyone recall his pregame speech leaked, those players wanted to destroy the opponent), etc. play that way (there were exceptions but you get my meaning). If they can beat you by 70, they will beat you by 70. I can already hear the argument "Well they had better talent". My argument back would be that so do we most of the time...across-the-board. Switzer's teams had that mentality. We better figure out a way to get it back or this SEC initiation it's going to be rough for a few years. BOOMER!

Reactions: Jax0221
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.