ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Team

soonermade

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2001
I don't understand the starting rotation. I think the starting 5 should be Woodard, McGusty, James, Odomes and McNeace.

Woodard, McGusty and James can hit from outside, while at the same time all 3 can drive to the basket. Odomes is a monster taking it to the rim and McNeace has been looking like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the post!

I wouldn't even mind switching James with Freeman, at least until James finds his stroke, he is really struggling from outside right now.

In fairness to LK, it looks like he's giving McGusty more playing time and I know Woodard has been hurt, but why is Lattin still starting? McNeace has clearly shown to be more athletic, just as good at rebounding, and much better at scoring.

Reactions: iasooner1
This team is terrible!!

Have you watched every game or are you just relying on their record? This team isn't terrible, it's YOUNG! They lost 3 key contributors from last year, who played nearly every game together for 3 years. I guarantee you that OU will be a team to look out for next season, but for this season, the record does not reflect who they are. They lost a few games where they had big leads, some by 18 points! They were up on #2 Kansas at the half by 9. With a young team comes inconsistency, but it's the coach's responsibility to find the right chemistry. Another factor is that OU plays in the Big 12, a conference where team after team has been thrown at them with records like 12-3 or better.

Woodard isn't up to the minutes physically, which is why he isn't starting. But this team has so many holes. Number one, is number one. They have no even adequate college point guard. And they're not big enough. And they're not athletic enough. They're just not good enough. And the work ethic of the recently graduated seniors, seems to not have rubbed off on this group.

I don't think they'll win more than three conference games out of 18. If that. It's a lost season.

McGusty is the highest ranked recruit LK has ever gotten at OU, McNeace is the first player to actually be able to post up and score. I don't mean rebound and put it back up, I mean actually get in the post and put it in the basket on a regular basis and this is a new side of him lately. I'll be shocked if this young group of players don't turn out much like Heild and Cousin's group did.

I'm sure you hope I'm right because if you're right OU basketball is going to be pretty bad for awhile and LK might get fired in 2 or 3 years so I sure hope I'm right, lol.

Have you watched every game or are you just relying on their record? This team isn't terrible, it's YOUNG! They lost 3 key contributors from last year, who played nearly every game together for 3 years. I guarantee you that OU will be a team to look out for next season, but for this season, the record does not reflect who they are. They lost a few games where they had big leads, some by 18 points! They were up on #2 Kansas at the half by 9. With a young team comes inconsistency, but it's the coach's responsibility to find the right chemistry. Another factor is that OU plays in the Big 12, a conference where team after team has been thrown at them with records like 12-3 or better.
I have watched all but 1 game. Not impressed.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Looked pretty good against 13-3 Texas Tech last night. :) Just like the commentator said, OU has looked good in almost every game, they just have trouble playing a complete game, sometimes dominating and then letting the game slip away. That is typical inexperience, but as I stated earlier, the Sooners have a ton of potential and I can't believe most of you can't see that.

This team is learning to be competitive and if they learn how to finish, watch out.

Lon Kruger didn't suddenly forget how to coach. While it's painful watching the growing process, LK's track record speaks for itself and I'm optimistic for the long term

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT