ADVERTISEMENT

Bama's gonna suck balls.

D played good most of the game vs a very bad Temple Team. If we can count on 6 turnovers by the D every game we will be golden.
O-Line is what was advertised, stunk it up. Lots of work to be done with a sub par offense for sure. Not even a 100 yd back in this game. Tatum looked like the best back on the roster.
I know the offense was vanilla and we hear that every year but take away the 6 turnovers by the D and its likely a closer game. 1 of 12 3rd down conversions? Not sure I have ever seen that before by an OU offense.

200w.gif

Not very pretty.

GWTf8y6XoAAFEZw
Exactly. I was at the game and I doubt anyone walked away all that impressed with the offense. The defense set them up for some very short drives as they didn’t really put together many long drives. For the record, the Temple QB and receivers werent exactly good either but at least it was nice to see the D create turnovers.

I liked what I saw. our dline? Dang almighty!

The defense was outstanding, and largely responsible for the blowout.

However, the offense only converted 1 out of 12 third downs, and that's not going to cut it, especially against SEC caliber competition. They played most of game inside of Temple territory, thanks to the defense getting 6 turnovers. They only gained 378 total yards, scored 18 points that weren't due to Temple turnovers and averaged a very poor 5.4 yards per pass attempt. They struggled all night, especially after Hickman went out with an injury. Arnold was getting pressured almost every time he dropped back to pass.

I think I heard BV say thats exactly what they wanted, short passes instead of throwing it down the field. Probably to get Arnold some confidence and in a rythm but the Line really didn't let him have a lot of time. Hopefully they get it sorted out. Not gonna be an easy road going forward until we get a break with Maine in November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT