ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield took to Twitter to remind little brother of their place on the totem pole

This nonsense is akin to a president (or presidential candidate) sparring with a Hollywood liberal.

Agreed. Twitter is completely worthless in my opinion. I associate it with mindless, vapid teen and 20-somthing girls who want to show us pics of their duck lips, inform us of their first-world problems and follow equally mindless "celebrities" like the Kardashians. Baker, you're a two-time B12 Champ, act like one and drop the tweeting b.s. Let the wanna be's boast and talk trash on social media and do your talking on the field.

Agreed. Twitter is completely worthless in my opinion. I associate it with mindless, vapid teen and 20-somthing girls who want to show us pics of their duck lips, inform us of their first-world problems and follow equally mindless "celebrities" like the Kardashians. Baker, you're a two-time B12 Champ, act like one and drop the tweeting b.s. Let the wanna be's boast and talk trash on social media and do your talking on the field.

That's a fair criticism but it's also one that's disconnected from the reality of your average college student in 2017. You can't expect the social mores of somebody Baker's age to line up with your own. Twitter and social media in general is simply part of the culture of a 22 year old at the University of Oklahoma. In the end it was relatively harmless trash between rivals. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

That's a fair criticism but it's also one that's disconnected from the reality of your average college student in 2017. You can't expect the social mores of somebody Baker's age to line up with your own. Twitter and social media in general is simply part of the culture of a 22 year old at the University of Oklahoma. In the end it was relatively harmless trash between rivals. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Way to rain on my old man rant!!! Complete buzzkill. But I get your point. I'm old, they're young, it's something young peeps do today. I learn to get used to it, but I'll go kicking and screaming the whole way! ;)

He is very vocal on the field also. Not a bad thing just a lot of players do it these days. I guess we should be glad they don't tweet as much as they probably want to about other schools and players. :D

Reactions: iasooner1
It's ok I think once in a blue moon. I don't like fueling fires, a lot of times it can get out of control. No noise making when we play Ohio State.:eek:

Schoonerman, like me, you must remember that good sportsmanship is an "old school" concept.
I forgive you.

I got in on this thread whereby I can't think of anything to add to CT and Schoonerman's comments except I agree wholeheartedly. Twitter should be ban for college athletes and POTUS. Let the liberal Hollywood a-holes have twitter to themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT