ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news for the Oline.

Well Billy, in my defense, I was born five or six years after 18 year old guys were flying B-17 bombers in the Euro theater in WW2, so, with that as my historic perspective perhaps I am expecting too much of these damn Millennials, or whatever they call themselves these days...

Again, the generational gap raises its ugly head...not my fault.

Kinda doubt there were many 18-year-old PILOTS flying B-17s, even back in the day when they were dropping like flies from the sky. They might have been 18 when they entered the service, but you don't train them in flying, navigating, map reading, weaponry, evasion, survival, etc. in a month or two.

Admittedly there were a lot of gunners and even some bombardiers in that age range. But the pilots tended to be older and, hopefully, wiser than when they entered the Army Air Corps or Air Force as kids.

When I was 18 I was dumber than a bag of compost, as are most people that age. And dumb people do dumb shite.

Kinda doubt there were many 18-year-old PILOTS flying B-17s, even back in the day when they were dropping like flies from the sky. They might have been 18 when they entered the service, but you don't train them in flying, navigating, map reading, weaponry, evasion, survival, etc. in a month or two.

Admittedly there were a lot of gunners and even some bombardiers in that age range. But the pilots tended to be older and, hopefully, wiser than when they entered the Army Air Corps or Air Force as kids.

When I was 18 I was dumber than a bag of compost, as are most people that age. And dumb people do dumb shite.
OK

Reactions: Section22Sooner
That would be NEO fitty. The Junior college in Miami. Northeastern Junior College.....Dang it's fun to correct the "likes" master......Ha!

Here's you a slut gif, must be kin...............:)

What.gif

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Umm...I was in the military for nearly 9 years and trust me, young kids do stupid shit regardless of knowing penalties await or not. It would amaze you the shit they would get briefed on over and over and over that would land them in hot water, but would go out and do it anyway.

Amen brother and thanks for your service...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT