ADVERTISEMENT

Back to basics and Sooner talk

Andrew Raym may prove to be too good to redshirt, although Creed Humphrey was redshirted in 2017 and he's a top pro prospect. I expect Raym to be starting at center in 2021. If he plays this year, he could see action at guard or center.
OU has the bodies in the OL with lots of highly recruited players. It's just a matter of who steps up the most in Bedenbaugh's eyes.
Right now, I'm waiting to see if there will even be a 2020 season. If the 2020 season gets cancelled, OU would be bring in the equivalent of two good freshmen classes in 2021 as Riley would certainly redshirt the entire 2020 class.

Last edited:
Does that really make that much difference anymore ? All the really good players are gone in 3 or 4 years these days anyway right ?
Good point.
But OU still will have a stockpile of talent even if it's short lived.
Given what Riley and his staff are doing now with recruiting in the wake of an epic blowout loss to LSU, I'm feeling optimistic about the defensive future for the program. Getting strong on defense after Mike Stoops' firing in 2018 won't be as quick as we would want, but I think Riley knows his teams can't be elite playing Texas Tech style football. There's still a bit of a hang over from Stoops' influence, but that's about over this year with more of Grinch's recruiting and coaching taking hold.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT