ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome Mark Andrews quote...

sooner_steamroll

Sooner starter
Oct 28, 2003
This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite Sooners. Yes, I still want him to get the ball more - I think we all do - but he is as good of a teammate as you could ask for based on these quotes...

“A lot of stuff that run game can provide for the tight end is that the backers are going to be biting on play action and whatnot, so that kind of allows the tight end to sneak past people. It just helps to have the whole defense kind of looking at that play action, and they’re definitely biting hard on that, which makes the receivers more open.”

On if he’s aware that there are a lot of fans that want him to have the ball more:
“I kind of just do what I’m told. I’m just trying to help out this team in whatever way I can. Whatever the coaches ask of me, that’s what I’ll do.”

On if it’s hard to be patient when the offense has so many options:
“We’re a tight-knit group. Everyone on this team is. We know that if someone’s having a good game, we’re just going to keep competing for them, and we don’t really care about who’s catching the balls. As long as we’re doing our jobs and making plays, we’re happy.”

Mark Andrews = #beast

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.