ADVERTISEMENT

At 8:00 CST OU Basketball in Norman plays Nation's #1 Baylor on ESPN2...GO OU!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! they need more that a star to help this train wreck!!

LOL!!! they need more that a star to help this train wreck!!

Train wreck meaning.....
Not Final Four material?
Not Elite Eight material?

They are not a top 10 team, but are in the upper half of the B12, ahead of basketball teams like Texas, OK State, Iowa State and Kansas State.
Fifth in the B12, only only 2 games out of 3rd place. They are about 2 games away from a Top 25 ranking.
All this without a star player.
While that is not where we would like OU BB to be, it is far from a train wreck.
I would argue that Bawlz is correct.
He didn't say they are one star away from a NC.
He said if they had one star, they would be dangerous, which I think is very accurate.
We probably don't scare Baylor or KU, but not many teams do.
But, I think if Bawlz had his one star player, no one would want to face OU in the first round.

As I expected, OU would hang with Baylor and make it a fun game for a while (just like the KU game), only to fade away in the second half.

I know a lot of people are tired and angry with Lon Kruger and want him gone, but I'm trying to be patient and manage my expectations with him and his teams. We've been fortunate to have some great players under him recently, but the last 2-3 seasons have been disappointing considering OU lacks any star power.

OU's had some decent wins this season - Mizzou, Minnesota, ISU, WVU - and with a handful of games left, the Sooners look to make the Big Dance. However, chances of making it out of the first or second round are slim and none.

I'm not ready to give up on Lon just yet, but the .500 seasons and first round losses in the B12 Tourney and Big Dance are getting routine and frustrating. I hope he can get the ship turned around and soon, otherwise those wanted him gone will get their wish.

We'd like to be KU in basketball just like they'd like to be us in football. It is what it is. When they let high schoolers jump straight to the pros again I think we'll see a bit more parody. But even with a guy like Trae Young we're still out gunned by the basketball blue bloods. Experienced teams will be the only good runs we get.

ADVERTISEMENT