ADVERTISEMENT

Army game cancelled

Didn't New York Governor Cuomo put a quarantine on anyone coming from a number of states--one of which was Oklahoma? We'd have had to have shown up two weeks prior to the game to clear the quarantine...good luck with that. Not to get too political but I don't get why the mainstream media fawns all over him when the numbers and percentages of COVID deaths in his state dwarfs any other. That's largely thanks to his defacto death sentence to tens of thousands of New York's senior citizens. That' another topic for another day, I guess...

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
The deal is that the B12 mandated that there be only one non-conference game and that it be played at home - that eliminated Army. SEC mandated only conf games will be played this year - that eliminated Tennessee. Last one standing is Missouri State.

The deal is that the B12 mandated that there be only one non-conference game and that it be played at home - that eliminated Army. SEC mandated only conf games will be played this year - that eliminated Tennessee. Last one standing is Missouri State.
You might see Tulsa instead

I have no idea what's being planned, but a game I have waited for for almost 60 of my 71 years, OU at Army, looks gone with the wind now.
Dff : CTOkie I recall reading in one of your posts that you were at the OU Army game Nov 18, 1961 at Yankee Stadium. Like you I was anxious to attempt to obtain tickets for the West Point game that was canceled last season. I was at the ‘61 game as a 15 year old fan born and raised in Waterbury. 10 or so years ago I obtained that game ball presented by Capt. Billy White to coach Wilkinson . I obtained it through Lelands auction. The ball, along with Herb Score’s game glove from a game I was at in 1960 at Yankee Stadium,( I also obtained through Lelands), are prized, invaluable possessions. Thought you’d get a kick knowing the ’61 Army game ball is nearby and that you are not alone as a Ct Okie fan . Take care , stay safe.

Dff : CTOkie I recall reading in one of your posts that you were at the OU Army game Nov 18, 1961 at Yankee Stadium. Like you I was anxious to attempt to obtain tickets for the West Point game that was canceled last season. I was at the ‘61 game as a 15 year old fan born and raised in Waterbury. 10 or so years ago I obtained that game ball presented by Capt. Billy White to coach Wilkinson . I obtained it through Lelands auction. The ball, along with Herb Score’s game glove from a game I was at in 1960 at Yankee Stadium,( I also obtained through Lelands), are prized, invaluable possessions. Thought you’d get a kick knowing the ’61 Army game ball is nearby and that you are not alone as a Ct Okie fan . Take care , stay safe.
The cancellation of last year's Army game has been among my biggest disappointments and I doubt if another game will happen since Western Carolina, UTEP, Arkansas State, Temple, Tulane (again), New Mexico and Illinois State are scheduled over the next 5 years.
McClellan's 75 yard run on the 'quicky" no-huddle play and 3 years later, Rentzel's 90 yard pass reception in the 1964 opener with Maryland late in the game are vivid memories for me. I lived in NJ then.
My dad took me to the 1958 and 1971 Texas games when we lived in Houston....the first one started OU's 13 year drought and the second one ended it.

The cancellation of last year's Army game is one of my biggest disappointments and I doubt if another game will happen since Western Carolina, UTEP, Arkansas State, Temple, Tulane (again), New Mexico and Illinois State are scheduled over the next 5 years.....along with Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee.

The cancellation of last year's Army game is one of my biggest disappointments and I doubt if another game will happen since Western Carolina, UTEP, Arkansas State, Temple, Tulane (again), New Mexico and Illinois State are scheduled over the next 5 years.....along with Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee.
I’v been fortunate to make 2 Texas games as well. My brother-in-law and I stayed at the Adolphus Hotel in 1969 ,paid $7 per night for the room. Unforgettable Friday night and ensuing game. Mildred is still my favorite Qb. Checked out the Adolphus for old time‘s sake in 2016. Over $300 a night. Thank God my family obtained an air b’nb to go along with the game tickets. Friday was tame compared to 1969. Of course being 70 in 2016 may have had something to do with it. Met some great folks , would go every year if I could. Actually, getting to a game in Norman is top priority. Some day some way. Take care

ADVERTISEMENT