ADVERTISEMENT

Are there (many) Sooners (here) that miss the Big 8?

12375CAT

Sooner starter
Feb 15, 2012
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I miss Nebraska and Mizzou, but Colorado was a good departure and A&M took their ball and went home because big brother (texas) mussed up their hair, so no respect for the Aggies.

Reactions: Sooners83
I miss Nebraska and Mizzou, but Colorado was a good departure and A&M took their ball and went home because big brother (texas) mussed up their hair, so no respect for the Aggies.

In similar fashion, I've lost a lot of the respect I once had for the Huskers. They couldn't beat Texas so they left the conference with their collective tails between their legs. As they say in Lincoln, "if you can't compete...retreat."

In similar fashion, I've lost a lot of the respect I once had for the Huskers. They couldn't beat Texas so they left the conference with their collective tails between their legs. As they say in Lincoln, "if you can't compete...retreat."
Now they are in a conference where the teams they can't beat are better quality.

I miss the Nebraska rivalry....but even more, I miss OU being among the nation's elite...in ANY conference.

I miss the old Big 8, but I wouldn't want it back in the current college football landscape. Just like the old Southwest Conference, there isn't a place for an 8 team league in today's college football. There isn't really a place for a 10 team league...

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT