ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else getting a little tired of the ND advocates on ESPN

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
who when asked about quality wins they've had.

And those who say that OU playing better than ND shouldn't count, say, well USC ... and

Somehow they forget that the USC team that was coached by the guy when the Domers played them were 3-3 with a loss at home the week before to Washington, now 4-6 and likely to be 5-7. They weren't the USC who has now won four straight. It wouldn't hurt if USC were to lose their last two, to Oregon and UCLA. Second time in two weeks I've pulled for the Ducks. I may need a shot.

who when asked about quality wins they've had.

And those who say that OU playing better than ND shouldn't count, say, well USC ... and

Somehow they forget that the USC team that was coached by the guy when the Domers played them were 3-3 with a loss at home the week before to Washington, now 4-6 and likely to be 5-7. They weren't the USC who has now won four straight. It wouldn't hurt if USC were to lose their last two, to Oregon and UCLA. Second time in two weeks I've pulled for the Ducks. I may need a shot.

Go PAC12! ;

Reactions: BillyRay
I just saw Joel Klatt make a great point about Notre Dame. 6 of their games are against ACC teams. They lost to Clemson. So essentially, they are not even the best team in their conference! Plus they already lost to them once. Who wants to see them play the same team twice in one year? I like the way that guy thinks!!!!! BOOMER!

Man I hope Stanford takes care of ND. I'm sick of hearing about them as well plaino. Of course if we don't beat tcu and OSU none of this matters. Is the nd/Stanford game in south bend ?

Reactions: iasooner1
Man I hope Stanford takes care of ND. I'm sick of hearing about them as well plaino. Of course if we don't beat tcu and OSU none of this matters. Is the nd/Stanford game in south bend ?

True that. I am not assuming two Sooner wins, but I beliefe that if we win two, that we will be there if the performance level equals the last five weeks. Or especially if it passes it, and I think it might. My dream scenario is that both OSU and OU win tomorrow and we beat OSU. AND ND loses to Stanford AND Michigan beats Ohio St. And OSU and OU both go.

They owe us after last season.

I think we have a much better chance of Ohio State losing than ND getting beat by Stanford. As I have been saying, they are going to look at our common opponents and some of them aren't going to be able to get past that Texas loss.

True that. I am not assuming two Sooner wins, but I beliefe that if we win two, that we will be there if the performance level equals the last five weeks. Or especially if it passes it, and I think it might. My dream scenario is that both OSU and OU win tomorrow and we beat OSU. AND ND loses to Stanford AND Michigan beats Ohio St. And OSU and OU both go.

They owe us after last season.

I actually pointed out to a buddy of mine that's an OSU fan just the other night that there were scenarios where OU could beat an undefeated OSU team and both make the Playoff. Remote, but possible.

The thing about ND is that they have dealt with more than a few injuries. Their win over Wake was as unimpressive as a top five team could have. Wake is lousy. ND on offense scored three times. I get that they did not give their best effort. But still. This is not September. No way ND should be ranked higher than OU the way the Sooners are playing.

The schedule reads the game is at Stanford. Notre Dame only has 2 games remaining. Boston College is up next.

I just saw Joel Klatt make a great point about Notre Dame. 6 of their games are against ACC teams. They lost to Clemson. So essentially, they are not even the best team in their conference! Plus they already lost to them once. Who wants to see them play the same team twice in one year? I like the way that guy thinks!!!!! BOOMER!

The fact that people have already seen a Clemson - Notre Dame game this year will tilt the vote in favor of the Sooners if both teams end up with one loss.

Has anyone thought about the nightmare scenario of Oklahoma state actually making the final 4? We absolutely can't let that happen

The fact that people have already seen a Clemson - Notre Dame game this year will tilt the vote in favor of the Sooners if both teams end up with one loss.
One would like to think that, Okla, but I'm very 'Iffy' about this CFP group of people...I'm not sure they are voting FOR a particular team, but rather, AGAINST others. Sure, that sounds paranoid, and maybe I am, but I don't believe this concept was very well founded, to begin with, and nothing has happened, since, to change that structure...

Last edited:
One would like to think that, Okla, but I'm very 'Iffy' about this CFP group of people...I'm not sure they are voting FOR a particular team, but rather, AGAINST others. Sure, that sounds paranoid, and maybe I am, but I don't think this concept was very well founded, to begin with, and nothing has happened, since, to change that structure...

Senior, we will know if ND is still holding the #4 spot after next Saturday's games. In other words, the CCGs the next week won't knock ND down and OU up into the playoffs. I think the OU- ND decision will be made December 1st before the CCGs and the final rankings.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Senior, we will know if ND is still holding the #4 spot after next Saturday's games. In other words, the CCGs the next week won't knock ND down and OU up into the playoffs. I think the OU- ND decision will be made December 1st before the CCGs and the final rankings.

Not sure about that. If clemson stumbles, that would not hurt a bit.

I still thoroughly believe that OSU is overrated. They have won several games this season by the skin of their teeth, which they should get credit for. They found a way to win. But I definitely don't feel after having seen them play two or three times this season that they are anywhere near as good as that 10-0 record.

Stanford lost to a red hot Oregon team with its QB back in the same way Clemson beat NDame on a failed two point conversion at the end. Stanford better offensively than Clemson although D not as good. Will be surprised if Stanford loses.

Ohio State losing doesn't take the Big 10 out of the playoff picture because of Iowa being undefeated. We need Ohio State to beat MSU and then lose to Michigan next week and Michigan beat Iowa in the Big 10 championship game. Michigan would be Big 10 champions with 2 losses.

I dont watch ESPN sportscenter. The only time I'll watch ESPN is for a game. This way I hear less about the SEC.

If tOSU loses to Michigan, it will take the BIG out most likely. Michigan would represent the East and play Iowa, who doesn't play any of the BIg three in the West until the CCG, if they get there.

Jeff Long telling us how great Iowa is, is alarming. I think the SEC homers and the BIG homers on the committee are trading votes. Like the ruskies used to do in figure skating.

If tOSU loses to Michigan, it will take the BIG out most likely. Michigan would represent the East and play Iowa, who doesn't play any of the BIg three in the West until the CCG, if they get there.

Jeff Long telling us how great Iowa is, is alarming. I think the SEC homers and the BIG homers on the committee are trading votes. Like the ruskies used to do in figure skating.

Saw something earlier that surprised me a bit. Danny Kanell has OU in the top 4. OUr lobbyists are paying off. ;)

Would've helped for Baker to played the entire game and spanked TCU but it didn't work out. STILL think we're in if we win out but a dominating win in Stillwater would help assure it OR ND losing would guarantee it., I believe.

One thing that's being overlooked by virtually all the talking heads & IRKS me to no end is that they're emphasizing more & more that OU's last 2 wins are over teams w/ backup QB's while in 3 of Clemson's biggest games (Louisville, Notre Dame, & Florida St.), all of those teams were using backup QB's, but the Tigers are getting a total free pass on it. If it's good for the goose.....

Reactions: K2C Sooner
One thing that's being overlooked by virtually all the talking heads & IRKS me to no end is that they're emphasizing more & more that OU's last 2 wins are over teams w/ backup QB's while in 3 of Clemson's biggest games (Louisville, Notre Dame, & Florida St.), all of those teams were using backup QB's, but the Tigers are getting a total free pass on it. If it's good for the goose.....

Oh good Lawdie!

Man, talking about splitting the hair!

Oh good Lawdie!

Man, talking about splitting the hair!

Splitting hairs, yes. I find it amazing as Notre Dame moved up in the polls that the talk about the Big12 not having a CCG decreased or became non-existent. Why? Because Notre Dame does not play in a conference so therefore no CCG. Now, its the backup QB thing. As Salt City Sooner, mentioned, Clemson beat three teams that had backup QBs. But by gosh, yes, we beat a backup QB that just beat Okie State. Those anal(yst) will move onto another hair splitting thing when this QB thing is discovered to be another red herring.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
We beat OSU...we are in. Regardless of what ND does.

Ding ding...the common, salt of the earth sense comes into the equation...

We're getting way too much love for that not to happen...

Right now...we're golden...

Can't wait for the stadium to be pimping the EIGHTH OU national title right there below all the press boxes.

I think I'm getting wood.:D

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ND is hurting. They lost two or three more key guys last week. They're down to two freshmen running backs who haven't played much I was told. They would need to play really well to beat Stanford in Palo Alto. So we'll see. This is going to be about the fourth or fifth week in a row that I pulled for a team that I hardly ever do. I guess I'd probably be a Stanford rooter when they were playing the Domers anyway. But it is sure a lot less compllicated if the Cardinal wins.

I haven't followed Stanford much this year, does Barry Sanders Jr get any playing time?

Special teams.

Their tailback gets Heisman consideration from every broadcast crew who does their games. He's not that elite, but he's really solid. And their quarterback, IMO is more important to them and their primary play maker. They typically Stanford. Mostly very well coached. Tough. Hard nosed on defense. If they get a lead on you, they can run the ball pretty well, and make it hard to make up ground on them.

I wonder what the spread will be. But Stanford would be a solid favorite, I'd think, even though ND was in the final four last week. The Irish just aren't that good now. They were. But they are not the team that beat USC or came close with a strong close to the Clemson game. (and got beat.) and whose only win over a top 25 team was against NAVY??!!

OU is better, even coming off a less than wonderful performance. I don't know if we'll win in Stillwater or not. But if we do, we ought to be in the final four, and I think we will be.

Special teams.

Their tailback gets Heisman consideration from every broadcast crew who does their games. He's not that elite, but he's really solid. And their quarterback, IMO is more important to them and their primary play maker. They typically Stanford. Mostly very well coached. Tough. Hard nosed on defense. If they get a lead on you, they can run the ball pretty well, and make it hard to make up ground on them.

I wonder what the spread will be. But Stanford would be a solid favorite, I'd think, even though ND was in the final four last week. The Irish just aren't that good now. They were. But they are not the team that beat USC or came close with a strong close to the Clemson game. (and got beat.) and whose only win over a top 25 team was against NAVY??!!

OU is better, even coming off a less than wonderful performance. I don't know if we'll win in Stillwater or not. But if we do, we ought to be in the final four, and I think we will be.

Yep, of all the top ten teams to regress...ND is #1 now...they just suck really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT