ADVERTISEMENT

Any dog experts here

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
My oldest daughter last week adopted a puppy from the Humane Society

They told her it was a Rottweiler. It does not look like a Rottweiler but it will probably be a big dog

Any thoughts what breed it might be?
28166524_10160176123970271_8676083333730999652_n.jpg

Shelter pets are the best (and I've had both) over the years. This looks like a good pup that is grateful to be shown kindness.

One of my long departed father-in-laws favorite jokes when one of his kids remarked while watching the family pet lick his own balls or rear end: "I wish had the ability to do that".

Pop said: "go ahead but best ask his permission first"...

Last edited:
Shelter pets are the best (and I've had both) over the years. This looks like good pup that is grateful to be shown kindness.

One of my long departed father-in-laws favorite jokes when one of his kids remarked while watching the family pet lick his own balls or rear end: "I wish had the ability to do that".

haha..... or the guy that asked why dogs lick their balls and was told "because they can" :)

Shelter pets are the best (and I've had both) over the years. This looks like a good pup that is grateful to be shown kindness.

I laughed out loud Gary my great friend.

Thanks

Reactions: iasooner1
My oldest daughter last week adopted a puppy from the Humane Society

They told her it was a Rottweiler. It does not look like a Rottweiler but it will probably be a big dog

Any thoughts what breed it might be?
28166524_10160176123970271_8676083333730999652_n.jpg

I think it’s cool you are a huge animal lover, same here.

3 years ago my daughter volunteered at a animal shelter and wanted us to foster a dog that had been hit by a car and found in a field on deaths door. Both hips were broken and her hind legs looked like they were fused together. The shelter was going to put her down, but won over the staff the way she would constantly wag her tail. Both ball joints were replaced and after a few days we took her home. Because she had been starving and was in such bad shape, they didn’t know what kind of dog she was. After about 3 months we knew she was a pit mix, couldn’t believe it. We never wanted a pit, but went ahead and adopted her anyways.

I ordered one of those DNA kits online and it showed pit/lab. She is very submissive and has been the best dog.

Your daughter should try the DNA kit ($60), very reliable. Agree, the pup doesn’t look like there is any Rottweiler.

I think it’s cool you are a huge animal lover, same here.

3 years ago my daughter volunteered at a animal shelter and wanted us to foster a dog that had been hit by a car and found in a field on deaths door. Both hips were broken and her hind legs looked like they were fused together. The shelter was going to put her down, but won over the staff the way she would constantly wag her tail. Both ball joints were replaced and after a few days we took her home. Because she had been starving and was in such bad shape, they didn’t know what kind of dog she was. After about 3 months we knew she was a pit mix, couldn’t believe it. We never wanted a pit, but went ahead and adopted her anyways.

I ordered one of those DNA kits online and it showed pit/lab. She is very submissive and has been the best dog.

Your daughter should try the DNA kit ($60), very reliable. Agree, the pup doesn’t look like there is any Rottweiler.

I loved your dog story. Its great your dog's life was saved. I and my wife and children feel very strongly about animals and animal rights.
Our pets give us so much joy and add so much to our lives.
Our hope is to see someday no kill Animal shelters which hopefully will happen sooner than later.

Thanks again for your story and I hope your dog has a long healthy life.

ADVERTISEMENT