ADVERTISEMENT

Another WR

not so sure when the last time we didn't have NFL type receivers. Playing time is the issue with most of these kids. Can't really blame them if they are that good and don't get busted for robbing someone.

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
First Jordan Hudson and now Talyn Shettron. Whats going on with WR not wanting to be a Sooner
Too many possibilities. OU could be slow playing, numbers game (ton of highly rated WR's, etc.). Basically I don't worry about offensive skill position recruits for OU because they will replenish and be fine. When it is the oline or defensive side of the ball it gets my attention.

Too many possibilities. OU could be slow playing, numbers game (ton of highly rated WR's, etc.). Basically I don't worry about offensive skill position recruits for OU because they will replenish and be fine. When it is the oline or defensive side of the ball it gets my attention.
OU has 6 quality receivers (Wease, Hasselwood, Mims, Stoops, Williams and Jackson), with Luther Burden and at least two other 4-star receivers are considering OU in the 2022 class.....so like soonersoldier, I'm more concerned with defensive talent coming in. Right now, OU has only three defensive commitments for 2022. I have to think that OU will get its share by December and/or February.

First Jordan Hudson and now Talyn Shettron. Whats going on with WR not wanting to be a Sooner
When they look at the receiving corps already there they might think they won't get much playing time Shettron has a brother playing in Stillwater so probably wants to be with him. just leaves the door open for more to come in I'm not worried about OU getting receivers.

I think it's not only playing time but also the offensive scheme. OU ran the ball more the last two years than they did in the Baker & Kyler years. When you couple that with the talent at WR and w/ Burden coming in... there isn't alot of room.

I'm still in awe w/ the offers and potential signings for the class of 23. That class is shaping up pretty nicely and it hasn't even started. The Champ U BBQ allowed these kids to see the quality surrounding them and they know what's up.

I think it's not only playing time but also the offensive scheme. OU ran the ball more the last two years than they did in the Baker & Kyler years. When you couple that with the talent at WR and w/ Burden coming in... there isn't alot of room.

I'm still in awe w/ the offers and potential signings for the class of 23. That class is shaping up pretty nicely and it hasn't even started. The Champ U BBQ allowed these kids to see the quality surrounding them and they know what's up.
Jordan Hudson to SMU...

Ok, maybe they have better opportunities elsewhere. Is that better? Can't stack a team too deep. Know what I mean. OUr receiving core will be fine. These kids are going where they're going to hit the field right off the bat, you know this. Cmon man.

I don't argue semantics.

Last edited:
Here's a theory: teams don't always get the players they recruit and de-commitments are a part of that scenario.
Even if they're regarded as "unworthy".
And you've followed recruiting for how long? Gosh sister, the worthy word upset you? Well I'll just take a wild swing at it just for you. Riley didn't tell em what they wanted to hear. Heh, you sound like a woman that wants to argue about everything when it's her time of the month. Cramps are unbearable. You hurtin? I dealt with an ex wife for far too long. BC powder might help. Another tip? Read your post above, 5th one down. Might alleviate some of yer frustration.

And you've followed recruiting for how long? Gosh sister, the worthy word upset you? Well I'll just take a wild swing at it just for you. Riley didn't tell em what they wanted to hear. Heh, you sound like a woman that wants to argue about everything when it's her time of the month. Cramps are unbearable. You hurtin? I dealt with an ex wife for far too long. BC powder might help. Another tip? Read your post above, 5th one down. Might alleviate some of yer frustration.
Huh?

ADVERTISEMENT