ADVERTISEMENT

Another One Bites The Dust...

Looks like the two reserves, Hudson and Knowles, who showed well in the spring game, will play some this season.
Both are 5'7" but are very quick.
Knowles carried 7 times for 79 yards in the spring game and Hudson ran for 4,000 yards averaging 7 yards per carry in high school. Running behind OU's huge line, these two could be good contributors.
Gray and Brooks must stay healthy, no matter what.

well they were just talking about Bradford just a few days ago and how he was going to be a big contributor. Any idea why he isn't on the team now???? I haven't heard a reason

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Dang what the heck? Holy crap am I glad Riley started exploiting the portal for Gray when he did. Crazy. I was hoping Bradford would really help us out this year.

How can a storied program like Oklahoma have such a disastrous situation at the running back position? Now down to just two scholarship players? This would be understandable at a program like Kansas, but an elite program like Oklahoma? Hell, Alabama has eight running backs on scholarship.

Last edited:
he transferred from LSU because not enough playing time, looks to be the same thing at OU. Some kids just think they are entitled. Being third on the depth chart probably didnt sit well with him. Id rather have Hudson and Knowles anyway, these kids want to be a Sooner and are decent backs. They both could be starters at other schools. But it does suck losing 3 RB's in the last few months.

he transferred from LSU because not enough playing time, looks to be the same thing at OU. Some kids just think they are entitled. Being third on the depth chart probably didnt sit well with him. Id rather have Hudson and Knowles anyway, these kids want to be a Sooner and are decent backs. They both could be starters at other schools. But it does suck losing 3 RB's in the last few months.

He went back to LSU. The word on there boards, they've been in his ear ever since he transferred.

How can a storied program like Oklahoma have such a disastrous situation at the running back position? Now down to just two scholarship players? This would be understandable at a program like Kansas, but an elite program like Oklahoma? Hell, Alabama has eight running backs on scholarship.
Situations like this can happen almost at any program and kids today are not as much about school loyalty and team legacies. It's an all-about-me sports culture these days and too many colleges, coaches and fans are okay with this.

ADVERTISEMENT