ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Martinez = Trevor Knight (& etc.)

SoonerTaco

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2020
I was talking with my father-in-law yesterday, and he brought up a good point: Adrian Martinez's performance against OU Saturday was very similar to Trevor Knight's against Bama. They have similar skill sets, both played their career best game, both made throws they had *never* made prior in their career, etc. Personally, thinking of the game in this context made me feel a bit better (still not good) about Saturday's performance.

This team has a ways to go, and needs to figure some things out. However, just some observations I want to throw out there:
  1. We've seen plenty of Riley's offenses sputter the first few games and then kick it into gear (see 2015 2016 & 2020).
  2. Last year, Riley said two weeks in a row (after K State and ISU) "we're close.." Personally, I couldn't see it, and it just frustrated me. But I ate crow, because they were in fact close and we were a completely different team @ the end of the year. He said the same thing this past week.. I'll take his word this time around.
  3. Just about every year, the team we see in September isn't on the same stratosphere as the team we see in November. We started off 1-2 last year, but by the end of the season, we had commentators saying OU (from an eye-test perspective) was one of the top 4 teams in the country
  4. No team has set themselves apart so far this season. As it stands, the Natty champs from '18 '19 & '20 would blow this year's natty champ, whoever it may be, out of the water. I think this year's champ will be similar (in talent) to '17 Bama/Georgia.
  5. As many have already said, we are going to learn A LOT about this team this week.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Roast away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.