ADVERTISEMENT

AD...

Some of us don't think spanking your child is usually abuse. I was spanked more than occasionally, including three times at school, and somehow survived.

I probably deserved a couple more times, but the last one at school was in a group, where all four of us got TEN. And that was unfair. I was a hs freshman. I'm a pretty strong believer in corporal punishment. I don't know if what AD did was abusive, but I doubt it was as bad as he got as a kid.

I was spanked as a child, but my punishment never included slash-like wounds to buttocks, genitals, ankles, legs, or defensive wounds to my hands. And I was never threatened to be hit in the face if I told anyone about my punishments.
Peterson won't get a pass from me because of his great football talent. Mixon doesn't either.
Maybe if Peterson had played at Penn State you would feel differently.

Peterson was indicted by a grand jury for reckless and negligent injury to a 4 year old. He pleaded no contest to avoid jail time.
The photos of the child showed slash wounds. A doctor considered the wounds the result of abuse.
This is nothing to do with just spanking. It's about weaponizing physical punishment on children to beat them until they bleed.
Comparing the spanking some of us received as kids to what Peterson did is comparing apples to oranges.
We can blame innuendo and the media and defend Peterson because of his claim to be a Christian, or being the greatest back in Oklahoma history, but abusing little kids cannot be defended. By anyone.

Reactions: td71sooner
But they are still breathing which is a huge miracle, especially in the case of the AA community.
I was whipped with switches when young but never to the point of bleeding. What he did was wrong of course and he has paid for his crime Years ago.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT