ADVERTISEMENT

A fantastic story on ESPN about our next great QB Spencer Rattler

Our track record with highly ranked HS QB recruits is pretty bad.
We seem to prosper with the transfer kids better.[
With all due respect this is a pretty stupid statement. Do you expect the "track record" to stay the same when all parameters such as coaches, offensive schemes, etc are expect to change? If you are a highly rated QB out of high school come to OU to fail? So if Kyler had decided to come to OU as a freshman he would not have developed or panned out? What about Mildren, Watts, Davis, Holieway and many others? Troy Aikman? Give us your examples of highly ranked QB bust that were on field talent related issues. Not the Sooner Auto car wash dickheads./QUOTE]

Last edited:
Our track record with highly ranked HS QB recruits is pretty bad.
We seem to prosper with the transfer kids better.

What about two Heisman winners who started at OU Jason White and Sam Bradford?.
Jamelle Holieway and Steve Davis led us to National Championships. Jimmy Harris in the 1950s led OU to National Championships

Also Jack Mildren was a great QB

We don't just have transfers who are the nation's best.

Last edited:
Last century I predicted that OU would never have a QB win the Heisman. I am now updating that prediction for the 21st century and state that OU will never have another RB win the Heisman.

So we may review this prediction at the end of the current century I am putting this updated prediction back in an envelope that will be hermetically sealed. It will be kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall’s porch. No one will know the contents of this envelope – except for him - Carnac the Magnificent, and in his mystical and borderline divine way, will ascertain the answer having never before heard the question.

Like mentioned before, I’d pump the brakes on this kid.
Kicked off his team...
Never stepped on a field with big timecollege players...

We’ll see how it goes in the spring, but I doubt very seriously that this kid is gonna come in and start at a school that just had Baker and Kyler in back to back seasons.

Reactions: Oklabama and CTOkie
I don't think Rattler starts. Depending on his early enrollment, he may redshirt if Riley likes what he sees from Kendall and Mordecai.

Baker and Kyler had D1 experience before transferring to OU, and both spent a year practicing, learning the system before earning the starting role. If Rattler starts next season I will be very surprised especially if he’s as good as OU needs him to be. Maybe a year like Rhett Bomar had. Rattler would benefit by red shirting but that may not be to his liking. Just saying.

Baker and Kyler had D1 experience before transferring to OU, and both spent a year practicing, learning the system before earning the starting role. If Rattler starts next season I will be very surprised especially if he’s as good as OU needs him to be. Maybe a year like Rhett Bomar had. Rattler would benefit by red shirting but that may not be to his liking. Just saying.
I think if he's going to be redshirted in 2019, he's already been informed.

Reactions: Oklabama
I think if he's going to be redshirted in 2019, he's already been informed.

You know he’s wanting to compete for the starting position but I can’t firgure out why he’s not going to enroll next month. That’s what I’m hearing. Maybe Lincoln has told him he will red shirt??

I would think Spencer being in AZ with a playbook signals him being redshirted. Lincoln would have had his butt in Norman otherwise. So we have Kendall, Mordecai, and maybe a surprise transfer in deep in QB competition in 2019.

Reactions: Oklabama
I would think Spencer being in AZ with a playbook signals him being redshirted. Lincoln would have had his butt in Norman otherwise. So we have Kendall, Mordecai, and maybe a surprise transfer in deep in QB competition in 2019.

BINGO!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT