ADVERTISEMENT

A clear picture on what we should be doing ("borrowed")

CT you stay safe where you are or bug out ASAP !
The county in Connecticut I live in (Middlesex) has not been hit as bad as areas around New Haven, Greenwich and Hartford. Most of the cases are from New Haven down the shoreline to Greenwich and on into NY. Lots of NYC commuters live in that corridor.
My town of Portland (9,500) has had 50 cases with 10 deaths, mostly elderly people.
I live in a small town with the Connecticut River separating us from Middletown and sitting 18 miles from Hartford to the north, New Haven is about 25 miles south. So I'm living within the "eye" of the hardest hit areas of the state and exactly mid way between Boston and NYC.
Hoping now that our annual September trip to Bar Harbor Maine can still happen.

Reactions: iasooner1
I'm not saying we ignore the threat. But this isn't going away. There will be no magic cure. It is likely that the best overall approach is for people to get the virus and build up antibodies in their own body. We get a new different flu shot every year. Viruses evolve. AIDS has changed many many times.

Going slow makes sense. But this economy won't survive if we wait until we have a vaccine. If you want to stay inside, do it. But don't expect me to follow your lead. The government with some considerable unevenness chooses that this business is worth the risk, but this business isn't, is ridiculous.

I've been lucky to be considered an essential service. But in Texas, which has a more reasonable approach than most states, they told we in Pest Control that we could work. We're essential. But dentists couldn't do much. Emergencies were allowed. But they were dictating what's an emergency, and what isn't. Somebody lost a crown, that was not considered an emergency. Sorry, that's nuts.

If people want to perform the service, with well informed, accurate stats, and somebody else feels like it's an emergency, and wants their dentist to do the work, then the government should butt out.

But the sacred cow of the political left, baby murder, isn't restricted at all. That kind of unevenness seems very hard to justify.
I don't disagree.
Going slow (at a cautious pace) is really my point here with the realization that a return to normal needs to happen asap. I'm now wondering what "normal' will be like when this pandemic is harnessed. My guess right now is that face masks and elbow bumping will be the order of the day.....as well as many other safeguard measures.
And through all of this, I won't be visiting NYC for at least two more years, if ever. I'll miss going there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
@CTOkie and those who agree with him...
Please watch this video. Who's side are you on - the police or the resident? There is no in-between gray area. It is black and white and you need to decide what kind of America you want to live in going forward.

22....yeah, I'm a bad guy wanting to us to proceed with caution in getting this country and the world up and running again.
I'm on the side of common sense.

Common sense was established many moons ago. And as an American citizen, I'm glad we live in a country that has a Bill of rights and a Constitution. The freedom to choose to stay at home or to get out and live again is ours to make. Take care everybody and no matter what choice you make, God Bless and Boomer Sooner!

Last edited:
Common sense was established many moons ago. And as an American citizen, I'm glad we live in a country that has a Bill of rights and a Constitution. The freedom to choose to stay at home or to get out and live again is ours to make. Take care everybody and no matter what choice you make, God Bless and Boomer Sooner!
Getting out to live right now has to be thought out intelligently especially when it affects the entire population.

Every state is dealing with this virus in its own way, trying to tailor life to fit the circumstances in each community. The common denominator is social distancing, which now may be relaxed in certain states or certain areas within each state. Connecticut and most other states are closing in on relaxed, but careful conditions. This can be done....and I think it will be done....with saving lives being priority one.
But there is so much more work to be done before the world returns to safety completely.

You really think a “safe” world is possible ? The WHO now claims Sweden is the Model we 'should follow' (NO Lockdown whatsoever) ! YAY Science !
Sweden's death rate (12 %) as of yesterday is twice that of the United States.
Lockdown ? We don't need no stinking lockdown !

22....yeah, I'm a bad guy wanting to us to proceed with caution in getting this country and the world up and running again.
I'm on the side of common sense.

You wrote, and I quote, "We have to ease back into normalcy with caution. Not to do so is criminally stupid."

That implies forcing people to give up their unalienable rights to political ideologues who do not respect, even despise the US Constitution. Once we allow that to happen, there is no turning back. Look at the history of other nations. Yes, it can happen here. Live free or live under a police state. We can ease back to normalcy as free Americans. I don't think you're a bad guy.

You wrote, and I quote, "We have to ease back into normalcy with caution. Not to do so is criminally stupid."

That implies forcing people to give up their unalienable rights to political ideologues who do not respect, even despise the US Constitution. Once we allow that to happen, there is no turning back. Look at the history of other nations. Yes, it can happen here. Live free or live under a police state. We can ease back to normalcy as free Americans. I don't think you're a bad guy.
That "implies" nothing.
All it is saying is the process to return to normalcy....if there ever will be normalcy again.....should be gradual, not rushed or not prohibited.

Sweden's death rate (12 %) as of yesterday is twice that of the United States.
Lockdown ? We don't need no stinking lockdown !

Isn't is convenient that Google search algorithms on death rate return left-leaning news outlets, and buries others deep into the search? Some of these pages don't even know the difference between a "rate" and a "toll". Kind of throws water on my confidence in those sources.

Nobody knows the true death rate of this virus. Not even the experts. That will get sorted out when this thing is long over. But I will say this. On a normal day with no pandemic, about 10,000 Americans die. That is our daily death toll of all causes of death combined. Now with the pandemic, the death tolls of other usual causes of death have statistically declined. Causes one to wonder.

Isn't is convenient that Google search algorithms on death rate return left-leaning news outlets, and buries others deep into the search? Some of these pages don't even know the difference between a "rate" and a "toll". Kind of throws water on my confidence in those sources.

Nobody knows the true death rate of this virus. Not even the experts. That will get sorted out when this thing is long over. But I will say this. On a normal day with no pandemic, about 10,000 Americans die. That is our daily death toll of all causes of death combined. Now with the pandemic, the death tolls of other usual causes of death have statistically declined. Causes one to wonder.
Johns Hopkins is my source. Left-leaning ???
But I like your style: if information isn't to your liking, call it leftist propaganda, or ignore it.

We need to get this country going again and we need to do it soon. Unemployment rates are extremely high. Luckily I am not unemployed, but if I were unemployed I'd rather take my chances of catching this virus rather than be unemployed.

I think you're off a decimal on that.

The US rate is 0.6% right now with very little testing and reporting. Many experts are expecting a true mortality rate to be only 0.1% - or 1 in 1000.
Sweden has reported 21,520 cases and 2,653 deaths so far. Of course the cases only reflect positive tests, but their fatality rate is much higher than the US currently based on known statistics.

The US rate is 0.6% right now with very little testing and reporting. Many experts are expecting a true mortality rate to be only 0.1% - or 1 in 1000.
Sweden...21,520 cases....2,653 deaths. (John's Hopkins).
Norway (7,770 cases/210 deaths) and Finland (5051 cases/218 deaths) which border Sweden on either side have much lower death rates.

Good post for those still capable of learning from sources other than CNN.

Looks at the video you sent earlier...and READ where it came from.

Eh, lots of names mean nothing to me and are forgettable... like his. You got me on that one. I posted it because of the video, which you either think is fake, or you support a police state. I think I know which one.

Eh, lots of names mean nothing to me and are forgettable... like his. You got me on that one. I posted it because of the video, which you either think is fake, or you support a police state. I think I know which one.
What nonsense. I'm done here.

Got it. I took note of "12%" and "twice that" of the US, so I assumed someone was claiming 6% mortality in the US. I believe we're at around 60,000 deaths with 1M confirmed which is around 0.6%.
Right on. I was just putting Sweden's numbers in the thread. USA is 65,230 deaths and 1.12 million cases which is 6% (5.8).

Last edited:
And your response is exactly why I like you, JCon. Lmao. I should have known better.

:) Glad you know I'm just joshing with you. I like everyone that posts here. Some more than others, but I like everyone. :) haha

j/k about the some more than others. The only reason this place is fun to read and post is because of the spectrum of people. It would be a garbage can if we were just a bunch of people stroking each others egos.

I think it's too late. The damage is done. He is going to lose the election and he has no one to blame but himself. It's likely he takes the Senate down with him.

Lol lose the election? Who is going to beat him? Pedo Joe? Lol the old bastid doesn't even know what he is running for. But hey he went after Corn Pop with a Chain so there is that. Almost 50 yrs in DC and he hasn't done a damn thing but give him 4 yrs as leader of the Free World because Orange Man Bad.
Give me a damn break.

I just love all the career politicians in this country who act like they are qualified just because they’ve been employed by us for their whole working lives. What a joke American politics have become. Whatever happened to serving the people? You know? what they were elected to do.
It’s all about who can make more connections and money and Netflix deals.
This is not what the founding fathers had envisioned for this country.
You hear people say common sense is not common and that is exactly what you see happening in our world today.
Lord help us.

ADVERTISEMENT