ADVERTISEMENT

A Chat Recap you can rely on... Now in Technicolor

Sooner in KS

Sooner starter
Jul 31, 2004
Life is too short to be serious and all organized. After a week hiatus and some really hurtful comments in a fake chat recap, I’m back with the chat recap to beat all chat recaps.

StuckinTulsa was 1st with a comment at 7:33. He was in… so far in he said it twice. I guess he is stuck in Tulsa because his woman left him in a hurry in a Chevy in a pourin’ down rain.

First actual question was from DFW about Obi and Barnes. Josh was asked about his gut feeling and Obi. There was no mention in Josh’s answer about the all you can eat buffet at the Chinese place way downtown, but he still didn’t feel 100%. He was steamed he was fried...

At 7:35 Pacheco asked for a magazine… Here ya go.

Ol’ Guest asked about ’17 OK kids predictions. Josh answered the question with a question. And I quote, “Sure, but in what way do you mean?” Come on Josh, you’ve been in this game long enough, you know what he means. Will any of them move to KS and thus start to rock?

There was a comment/question (or a quesment if you will) about having 7 safeties on the team for 2016 and if that was the right number. Part of the rambling answer was, and I quote, “Some of it is tricky because you DON'T know what Oklahoma really wants to align as.” Now you take that back, Mr Josh, everyone knows exactly where to be aligned at all times. Everyone knows exactly what defense Mikey wants to run. We all know, it is a 4-1-2-3-4 that will then morph into a 9-1-1 in 3rd and long situations. Obviously we have enough safeties to run the 9-1-1 defense. But do we have enough DT’s? That is the key to the season.

Question about Quick transferring before he would switch to the other side. Josh punted on the question and said it is possible.

Next commit? Josh again punted on the question. No one asked Josh how he handles the Oklahoma wind with all his punting.

OU probably ends up in the 15-20 range in Rivals final rankings.

Voted most likely to commit on an official visit, Terry.

Josh was asked about one position he would recruit from the Juco ranks. In his rambling answer he says, and I quote, “I rarely see OL, QB, DT, LB, etc. really star” Hueple and Loadholt say hi.

Pacheco asked a leading and very self-interest serving question about Euless Trinity winning over some team from Cali. Take your Tonga lovin’ self to a more appropriate board please. Try here.

There is still contact with Rowdy but it is a secondary situation right now. But at least there is a chance.

There is a new hire for the Scoop, but hasn’t been named yet. My money is it being Esco.

Winning will help more than anything right now in recruiting. In other news, the sun came up in the east today.

Briles is safe at BU, even if they find a dead body at his home.

Josh takes AD for a 1st pick in a fantasy draft.

Josh is not sold on the QB or OL and said we haven’t had a dominant defense for 6 years. Yep, that is a sure fire answer for how to win a national title… Said no one EVAR.

Josh thinks Akron covers this week. So it is written, so it is done.

Surprise surprise surprise. Josh punted on the question of whether Briles is a dirty recruiter.

Best question ever in a chat, and I quote, “You pick one OU player in a cage match, who are you throwing in there?” Answer: Alverez.

Hearing other worldly type stuff about Mixon… That’s what she said. Too soon?

Almost no chance Mixon overtakes Perine by the end of the season.

8:18

Comment From Gob

Thanks! Your comment is awaiting moderation.

For Josh the Tenn game will be telling as to where the rest of the season heads.

There was other talk of recruits that will or won't make it to OU for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to, going to other school, bad grades, having 10 kids in the next year, not 'felling the love' and/or Pacheco is their signing day stringer. Thanks and good night Sooner Nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.