ADVERTISEMENT

S.O.I’s Sooners 🥎 2024 Stats and Analysis | Part 1

SoonersofIllinois

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2023
twitter.com
S.O.I’s SOONERS STATS AND ANALYSIS (OFFENSE and DEFENSE)
I will try to post these periodically throughout the season. Being we are 25 games in, I'd like to showcase how our Sooner girls are doing at this point in the season as they chase their EIGHTH NATIONAL TITLE AND 4 PEAT! So lets dive in to our (24-1) #1 2024 Oklahoma Sooners
Lets start with someone we are all familiar with,

#0 Riley BOOOOOONNNNNEEEE OF (SR)
STATLINE:
Offense
: Riley is slashing a .417 BA for 25 H, 6 Doubles, 1 Triple, 1 HR, 15 Runs, 13 RBIs, 6 Walks, with 2 Strikeouts. She has also successfully stolen 3-4 bases this season.
Defense: Boone has committed ZERO Errors at this point in the season.

My Take: The Senior out of Owasso, Oklahoma has been absolutely as advertised this season. Whether in LF or RF she has those those corners locked down. Offensively she has been top 5 on the team in BA and continues to be a multiple threat at bat. Typically out of the 9 hole, her job is to carry that Line up over to the top, typically Jayda Coleman. Bunts, chops, clutch singles, she can do it all. Not only a fan favorite but one of the most dangerous base runners is all softball. I look for Riley to continue to have a dominate year this Senior season. Her leadership is definitely showing on this team.

#1 Cydney Sanders 1B (JR.)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Sanders is hitting a .395 BA for 17 H, 2 Doubles, 10 HRs, 13 Runs, 27 RBIs, 15 Walks, with 8 Strikeouts. She also has 1-1 stolen bases for this season.
Defense: Sanders has also committed zero errors this season.

My Take: The Junior Sanders, has been on an tear on this stretch of the season. Hitting 8 HRs just in the month of MARCH!! I was asked earlier this season in a previous thread who would lead the team in Home Runs this year. I stated Cyd will have a huge bounce back year and return to power threat form as she was at Arizona State. At this point I stand firm on this. She is seeing the ball really well and the power numbers are back which is evident as she is tied for number 1 on the team with On percentage of .565! Obviously to maintain this would unreal, but she is bringing the Power and vision as of late. She also leads the team in Walks and RBIs. She is having a All Pro Caliber year at this point of the season.

#5 Ella Parker DH (FR)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Parker has a .453 BA for 24 H, 6 Doubles, 5 HRs, 24 Runs, 22 RBIs, 14 Walks, with 9 Strikeouts. She also has 5-6 stolen bases on the year.
Defense: Ella primarilly is an EH but has logged 7 attempts this year and is perfect fielding percentage on the season.

My Take: Ella Paker, out of LA, continues to impress this year and showing why she was one of the most sought after recruits this last cycle. She is leading the team in batting average AS A FRESHMAN! She continues to see and hit the ball well as evident by her numbers. She is top 3 in RBIs and top 4 in runs. Parker also is tied for number 1 on the team with On percentage of .565. Ella I believe will be a staple and top hitter in this lineup for many years to come. With flashes of Ms. Alo in each swing. She has been a HUGE part of this team in her first Collegiate year. Stars are bright for this one.

#7 Kasidi Pickering OF (FR)
STATLINE:
Offense:
Pickering is hitting .426 BA for 26 H, 5 Doubles, 3 HRs, 23 Runs, 18 RBIs, 11 walks, and 5 Strikeouts. She is also 3-3 on Stolen Base attempts.
Defense: Kasidi is perfect on the season on all of her chances out of the corner outfield positions.

My Take: From one amazing Freshman to the other, Coach Gasso has assembled a great class with both Parker and Pickering. The freshman out of Humble, TX is another one of those bright spots that will become a household name for many years to come. It's hard enough to catch Coach Patty's eye in recruiting, but to come in here as a freshman and start is an immaculate feat. Kasidi at this point of the season is top 4 in hits, top 3 in BA, and top 4(tied with third) with Doubles. She continues to impress and also whats impressive is her ability to get base and low number of strikeouts. She has an on base percentage of .507 on this season. Looking forward to watching her grow and become one of this teams Future Faces going forward.

#9 Co-Captain Kinzie Hansen C (GR. SR.)
STATLINE:
Offense:
K9 is hitting .356 for 21 H, 3 doubles, 6 HRs, 15 Runs, 15 RBIs, 8 walks and 5 Strikeouts. She is also 1-1 on Stolen Base attempts.
Defense: Kinzie has "committed" 2 Errors on the season and has thrown out 3 out of 5 potential stolen base attempts.

My Take: The Graduate Senior out of Norco, Calif. is hands down, the BEST CATCHER IN D1 SOFTBALL. Even with the crimson blinders off. Don't let the two errors on the tally sheet fool you, she is one of the most hard nose, defensive talents on our team. With this being her final year in collegiate softball, she is looking to make her mark again as her power numbers climb. I look for Kinzie to end the season somewhere from 15-20 Homeruns as the Sooners continue to get their bats hot as of late.

#12 Maya Bland OF (FR)
STATLINE:
Offense:
Bland is hitting .167 for 1 H, 1 Double, 12 Runs, 2 RBIs, 2 walks and 1 Strikeout. She is also 7-7 on Stolen Base attempts.
Defense: Maya has only played one time in the field this season but she is 1 for 1 on the year in PO.

My Take: Freshman out of Argyle, Texas, Maya has been used primarily for her speed this year as a pinch runner. Which is evident by her 7 for 7 stolen base statline which leads the team. In high school she was ranked as the No. 11 player in the class of 2023 by Extra Inning Softball, spring 2022 (Junior season) at at Argyle (TX) HS: .528 BA, 16 HR, 61 RBI, 22 SB, 2022 Class 4A All-State & All-Region honoree, 2022 Class 4A Region I finalist. Once again, another freshman doing her part in any way possible to help this team.

#23 Co-Captain Tiare Jennings SS (SR.)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Tiare is slashing a .397 BA for 27 H, 7 Doubles, 7 HRs, 17 Runs, 25 RBIs, 11 walks, and 6 Strikeouts. She has not recorded a SB attempt this season.
Defense: Jennings has only recorded 1 Error on the season.

My Take: The Senior out of San Pedro, Calif, has seen her power numbers dip the past two seasons from her HR campaign her sophomore year when she blasted 29 Home Runs, that hasn't deterred her from picking up a LOONG List of Records and accolades in her career along the way. Heart and soul of this team, even with her move to SS this year she has only recorded 1 Erorr on the season. Now the big thing the naysayers will say, is she lets up alot of infield hits. Well when you go from being spoiled with Grace Lyons for so many years I can understand that. However Grace was a defensive cheat code. Jennings is having a phenominal year in both Offense, Defensively and as apparent by her Co Captain status, a great leader in this dugout.

#24 Jayda Coleman OF (SR.)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Jayda is hitting a .413 BA for 26 H, 5 Doubles, 4 Home Runs, 24 Runs, 18 RBIs, 13 walks, and 3 Strikeouts. She is also 4-4 on stolen base attempts
Defense: ZERO ERRORS on the Season.

My Take: Senior out of Colony, Texas, Also known as Jayda "No Fly Zone" Coleman for her remarkable plays in CF, she continues to lead this team from the Top spot in the lineup. With power numbers down a bit from last season, she has made up for that in batting average and OBP flashing a .500. Jayda has to stay consistent and on course this year to lead the Sooners deep on this Natty Run. Started off slow this season, even Patty has experimented a bit with the lineup and dropping her down a bit to find that spark. She has been great as of late to bounce back and find that rhythm. The games only get more difficult from here on out so staying true to Jayda form will be huge for the Sooners. Her being a stud defensively also is a huge player in this teams drive and makeup.

#27 Hannah Coor OF (R-SO)
STATLINE:
Offense:
Hannah is hitting .176 for 3 H, 1 HR, 7 Runs, 4 RBIs, 1 Walk and 4 Strikeouts. Hannah is also 3-3 in stolen base attempts.
Defense: Coor hasn't played the field much this season but she is 3-3 in attempts.

My Take: The Redshirt Sophmore from Yorba Linda, Calif, has been battling Chronic Back pain this season. Even after reports of surgery this past fall. The numbers we saw during the battle series and this season has been quite different. However, if she is feeling up to it, look for Hannah to bounce back with those power numbers on display. Just recorded her first HR of the year, if she feels good, I'm sure Coach will get her in there.

#30 Riley Ludlam C (GR SR.)
STATLINE:
Offense:
Riley is hitting .417 BA for 15 H, 1 Double, 2 HRs, 11 Runs, 15 RBIs, 5 Walks and 4 Strikeouts. Riley has not registered a SB attempt.
Defense: Perfection on the year with her chances.

My Take: What a year Ms Ludlam is having. The Graduate Senior out of Fort Meyers, FL was essentially unknown to Coach Gasso before this last off season. Coach and Riley both discussed it in a recent previous interview. Bringing her in as a decent backup for Hansen, she has out performed all expectations. She has worked her way to make it hard for Coach to keep her out of the lineup. Riley is a force to be reckoned with both offensively and behind the plate. Great pickup so far from Patty Gasso.

#33 Alyssa Brito 3B (SR)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Brito has hit for a .433 BA for 29 Hits, 7 Doubles, 7 Homeruns, 29 Runs, 22 RBIs, 12 Walks, and 8 Strikeouts. She is 1-1 in SB attempts.
Defense: 3 Errors in 33 Attempts

My Take: BRITO BOMB ANYONE?! The Senior out of Tustin, Calif has continued to be a staple of this offense. Leading the team in hits, doubles, Top 3 in HRs(Tied for 2nd) 2nd on the team in BA and an on base percentage of .513, she is picking up right were she left off last season. Brito's 3 errors all essentially came in one game. Really off game for her as she normally has the hot corner on lock down as she has shown the rest of this season. Looking forward to many more MOON BOMBS from our favorite #33!

#40 Alynah Torres UTL (SR)
STATLINE:
Offense:
Alynah has hit for a .378 BA for 17H, 3 Doubles, 1 HR, 9 Runs, 9 RBIs, 8 Walks and 4 Strikeouts. She is also 2-2 in stolen base attempts.
Defense: Zero errors committed in this part of the season.

My Take: Senior out of Glendale, Ariz., I was hoping that she would be back to Arizona State form this season when she put up 16HRs in 2022. I stated in another post I believed she would be a breakout candidate for this season. Now that's not to say she still wont, but she will have an uphill battle to climb as she is mainly moving around in Utility, where she was primarily working out of RF Starter spot most of last season.( Pickering/Boone has pretty well sured that one up.) Now I believe she is still a huge part of this team, and look to continue to take advantage of the reps she is given.

#43 Quincee Lilio UTL (R-So)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Lilio has hit a .153 BA for 2 H, 1 Double, 1 HR, 3 Runs, 3 RBIs, 3 Walks and 2 Strikeouts. She has not registered a stolen base attempt.
Defense: Lilio has committed 1 Error on the season.

My Take: Quincee, the R-Sophomore out of Oceanside, Calif. is kind of a wild card for me. A Big Time recruit in highschool she was the No. 5 player in the class by Extra Inning Softball and No. 13 by Softball America. I don't believe she has fully emerged herself as much as the rest of the team. With bigger names classes coming up as well as the current, I feel she may get lost in the shuffle. I hope I am wrong, but to be she may be only a depth or platoon role moving forward.

#82 Avery Hodge INF (SO)

STATLINE:
Offense:
Avery has hit a .292 BA for 7 H, 2 Doubles, 1 Triple, 11 Runs, 4 RBIs, 3 walks and 3 Strikeouts. She is 1-1 on SB attempts.
Defense: Hodge has committed one error on the season

My Take: Avery is looking to break out in any way possible. Currently a platoon player primarily at 2B, it is expected she takes over that base by the end of the season. Carving her name all over that position. With more and more reps out there, she is looking to take advantage of her opportunites. I think she is going to be one solid 2B for us for the next few years.

Hope you guys enjoyed this segment of S.O.I’s SOONER STATS! Be on the look out about mid to late season for the next!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News