ADVERTISEMENT

6 Years ago today, my father passed.

dskou

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2001
My wife and I were at the game watching OU dismantle FAU. My father was watching at his home with my mother and nephew. They ended up going to the ER as he wasn't feeling well, which they did ever so often those days due to his diabetes. It took a while to get in touch with us because wifi wasn't good in the stadium then. We left the game in the 3rd and began our 2 hr drive back to Texas.

I received the call I've always dreaded that he had a heart attack and passed.before we arrived at the hospital ER. My father had always been my hero and it hit me hard. I deal with it well and have for several years but I still think of him every day.

He loved being a father and grandfather. He was born and raised in Oklahoma, which is why I am a rabid Sooner fan. One of my first Sooner memories was "the kick" against the OSU. He was proud to be a Christian and an Army veteran. He flew the American flag every day and would salute it each morning when he went out to get the newspaper. Some on this site reached out with kinds words at that time and I will always remember the support.

God bless!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.