ADVERTISEMENT

5 star TE Davon Mitchell commits to OU.....

A massive catch. He and Hawkins are going to play the role of Jackson Arnold for the 2024 class, recruiting other big targets to Norman.

I'm almost to the point that landing Williams Nwarni and David Stone is as pivotal as reaching 9 or 10 wins this season.

Jackson, teammate of David Stone, commits today.

2024 has potential to be a monster recruiting class.

To be a monster, we really need some major hits on the OL. It's most needed there, and not shaping up as well as everywhere else.

LOI is the only thing that matters, NIL has no legality for a player going to that school. Lrts hope he stays committed, saw where we offered another 2024 QB, hope Hawkins doesnt mind competition.
Both are really good athletes. I'd suspect either or both would get a look at catching some passes. It's obviously different that 60 years ago, but I remember when Alabama won a natty with about 15 hs quarterbacks on the roster, many of the starting on defense. Quarterbacks are almost always really good athletes. I remember when a former Tulsa quarterback was a free agent receiver in Tulsa. He made the team in a surprise. Now he's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Drew Pearson. Recruiting quarterbacks is a good recruiting strategy.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT