ADVERTISEMENT

5-star DT Overton commits to ATM....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Aggies now have six 5-star recruits and the rest 4-star recruits in their 2022 class. This is an historically great class, with recruits from coast to coast.
Coach Fisher has no excuses in the next 3-4 years.
OU under Venables should be in a similar situation eventually with SEC membership looming.

Boosters from any and every program can cause more damage than a loss or losses on a football field. OU has had its share of overzealous boosters.
Texas A&M is a great school with great resources, as is OU, but I believe that is too often not enough of a "selling" point to some athletes. Money is now more than ever dictating the behavior of athletes, coaches and fans, especially with gambling being pimped constantly on television these days. It's a whore mentality in the making.

Boosters from any and every program can cause more damage than a loss or losses on a football field. OU has had its share of overzealous boosters.
Texas A&M is a great school with great resources, as is OU, but I believe that is too often not enough of a "selling" point to some athletes. Money is now more than ever dictating the behavior of athletes, coaches and fans, especially with gambling being pimped constantly on television these days. It's a whore mentality in the making.
Over zealous boosters no longer need creep around in the shadows. The NIL makes it possible for schools to be far more aware of actions of the boosters without penalty. In short, the boosters pledge money and an NIL vehicle is established to "buy" players. The difference here is that the TAMU big money base is a season or two ahead of everyone else. If I had to speculate I would guess the TAMU pockets are very deep. OU will follow suit and build a huge NIL war chest. Turnipseed has made this point very clear.

Over zealous boosters no longer need creep around in the shadows. The NIL makes it possible for schools to be far more aware of actions of the boosters without penalty. In short, the boosters pledge money and an NIL vehicle is established to "buy" players. The difference here is that the TAMU big money base is a season or two ahead of everyone else. If I had to speculate I would guess the TAMU pockets are very deep. OU will follow suit and build a huge NIL war chest. Turnipseed has made this point very clear.
Thank you for getting me up to date on this. Overzealous boosters now have free reign to "buy" players.....again, the whore mentality can make its presence felt more than ever.
College football will become all about which school can "invest" more. Scholarships need to be renamed "grants", or at least have the preface "scholar" removed.
Team loyalty, like sportsmanship and statesmanship are on the way to extinction.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Thank you for getting me up to date on this. Overzealous boosters now have free reign to "buy" players.....again, the whore mentality can make its presence felt more than ever.
College football will become all about which school can "invest" more. Scholarships need to be renamed "grants", or at least have the preface "scholar" removed.
Team loyalty, like sportsmanship and statesmanship are on the way to extinction.
Welcome to College Football 2022! College Football is already about which school can invest more (See TAMU current recruiting class). Loyalty is for sale. Recruiting is now a free agency market. We can either recognize it and get on board or expect to see OU take a back seat. It is a bidding war until the rules are changed. This is today's and tomorrow's reality.

Was this not the norm back in Switzer's day?

Jimbo to recruits: “So, you can go to Bama and play for NC’s of you can sign with A&M for this bigger bag of money?” I mean really, it’s that simple imo. Jimbo has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of winning tradition at A$M. Just for giggles YouTube A&M’ football complex, it’s nice but the look at OU’s, UT’s, Bama’s. A&M has absolutely no hardware in their trophy case, the others I named have a ton of hardware that hits you right in the face when you walk in the complex.

Jimbo to recruits: “So, you can go to Bama and play for NC’s of you can sign with A&M for this bigger bag of money?” I mean really, it’s that simple imo. Jimbo has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of winning tradition at A$M. Just for giggles YouTube A&M’ football complex, it’s nice but the look at OU’s, UT’s, Bama’s. A&M has absolutely no hardware in their trophy case, the others I named have a ton of hardware that hits you right in the face when you walk in the complex.
Good post, Belldozer.
But I don't too many see kids today interested in anything about history, including a football program's legacy or tradition.
They usually live in the "now moment" and the "what's in it for me" philosophy. Money trumps everything for them.
And with the NIL in place, that's even more true than ever, regardless of empty trophy cases.

It's money. Period. Not mad at it but I want the kids who wants to win and be better. The kid who came for the paycheck is getting his trophy before they play the game. He's already got what he came for why should I expect him to give everything on the field. No matter how talented, it means little without effort.

Good post, Belldozer.
But I don't too many see kids today interested in anything about history, including a football program's legacy or tradition.
They usually live in the "now moment" and the "what's in it for me" philosophy. Money trumps everything for them.
And with the NIL in place, that's even more true than ever, regardless of empty trophy cases.
You’re probably right. Tell me this, Riley was supposed to be so in touch with these kids today but BV is turning out to be more of a modern day pimp with these players than Riley was, I mean heck BV brings in the King’s throne for recruits to pose in lol

You’re probably right. Tell me this, Riley was supposed to be so in touch with these kids today but BV is turning out to be more of a modern day pimp with these players than Riley was, I mean heck BV brings in the King’s throne for recruits to pose in lol
I’m not sure having kids sit on a throne is pimping the program….,but you referred to the players as kids, so maybe they have to be treated like kids. Maybe balloons, animal crackers and a pony ride could be equally effective.

Go look at Oklahoma twitter versus USC twitter.

Riley is a social justice warrior mentality pussy. Riley isn't in touch with these kids, he's taken the path of the white savior, granted many eat that up.

I’m not sure having kids sit on a throne is pimping the program….,but you referred to the players as kids, so maybe they have to be treated like kids. Maybe balloons, animal crackers and a pony ride could be equally effective.
No I meant BV relates to kids better than Riley imo and he brought in the King’s throne which seems to be a hit with the recruits

Reactions: CTOkie
A&M is an excellent school for education purposes. Football trophy cases, not so much. These 5 star and 4 star players desire the NFL. And if they're as talented as they are rated it doesn't matter what school they go to, the NFL will find them. So right now, they are getting top flight educations, preparing for the NFL, and making bank while they do so. It's CFB 2022 and it's how it's done. Aggie is setting the pace when it comes to NIL.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It's money. Period. Not mad at it but I want the kids who wants to win and be better. The kid who came for the paycheck is getting his trophy before they play the game. He's already got what he came for why should I expect him to give everything on the field. No matter how talented, it means little without effort.
It's a new world brother.

A&M is an excellent school for education purposes. Football trophy cases, not so much. These 5 star and 4 star players desire the NFL. And if they're as talented as they are rated it doesn't matter what school they go to, the NFL will find them. So right now, they are getting top flight educations, preparing for the NFL, and making bank while they do so. It's CFB 2022 and it's how it's done. Aggie is setting the pace when it comes to NIL.
I agree 100%. Why not TAMU? I refuse to be completely cynical about college football today. We "old timers" can sit around and reminisce about the good old days when football was played for this reason or that reason but the fact remains that college football recruiting and playing are different in 2022. It will be more different in 2032. Taking money for your abilities is not a sin. We can debate the pros and cons for days, weeks, months but we are where we are and there is no going back.

I agree 100%. Why not TAMU? I refuse to be completely cynical about college football today. We "old timers" can sit around and reminisce about the good old days when football was played for this reason or that reason but the fact remains that college football recruiting and playing are different in 2022. It will be more different in 2032. Taking money for your abilities is not a sin. We can debate the pros and cons for days, weeks, months but we are where we are and there is no going back.
Agree....and I only offered my perspective about what's going on in CFB....but I can't control what's going on in CFB (or the world), so there's no option as I see it other than to let it go and focus on things that directly affect me, family and friends.
I have developed a bit of a "siege mentality" in my old age.

Agree....and I only offered my perspective about what's going on in CFB....but I can't control what's going on in CFB (or the world), so there's no option as I see it other than to let it go and focus on things that directly affect me, family and friends.
I have developed a bit of a "siege mentality" in my old age.
lol, It's not hard for us old timers to develop that mentality. Your perspective is always appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT