ADVERTISEMENT

3/31 CHAT RECAP

Dahlly

Sooner starter
Nov 21, 2006
Edmond
Sorry it's late, noticed no one had made one and I wanted to read it myself, so just copy/pasted into word for formatting and back to here. Hope it's good enough.

Austin Kendall gut feeling? What's his timeline looking like?
Josh_M: I'm expecting him to pull the trigger at any minute. To me if it goes past this weekend, based on things I've heard, I can't help but wonder if it's something of a comeback. Though I admit Kentucky making a new QB offer is interesting.

First Spring Game visitor list?
Josh_M: I wanted to have it last week but kind of glad I waited until this Scoop. Again you do it too early and it just becomes pointless.

Any details on Keith Ford?
Josh_M: Nah, I do know his locker and name tag have been cleaned out...so not sure if there is an expectation for his return or not.

Is it weird Kendall hasn't done an interview since the visit? I thought I had read his regional guy from Rivals would be writing a story?
Josh_M: Miracle, yeah he has been 'supposed' to talk to people a few different times and hasn't. To me that usually means a decision is imminent.

Baylor and TCU have offered Devin Duvernays little brother. Huge deal?
Josh_M: You know that answer, name the last time brothers didn't go to school together.

Is Mixon a starter Josh?
Josh_M: From day one? No.

What it we come out in 3 WR, 2 RB, 5 OL set? Does he start?
Josh_M: Very possible.

Does Bob name a starter this spring?
Josh_M: I'd be very surprised but again with as hands off as he seems to want to be with Riley maybe we get something unique.

Josh, are you getting a good idea who Diron is focusing on? Bledsoe still an option?
Josh_M: Neb, so far, not really. Isaiah Chambers and Marvin Wilson are the only guys I've heard mention him so far. But it's new...again DL is a group OU can be choosy with this year and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Chris Baccus from NEO, good enough to warrant being the only juco lb in this class?
Josh_M: I think he could be, and I know OU has some interest.

If Duvernay and his brother end up at TCU, does Mayden end up there as well?
Josh_M: I don't think so, they are buddies but Mayden isn't going to make a decision in that way. I'm sure it helps TCU but it wouldn't sway JM IMO.

Which 2016 QB fits with Riley's system the best?
Josh_M: Probably Kendall honestly, love watching him throw vertically, guy just drops it in the bucket. But again it is more about quick decision making and reads and that's not always easily seen in HS tape.

Do you think Austin Kendall is better than Haskins?
Josh_M: Overall? No. For OU...quite possibly.

Josh, highest rated WR OU has a great chance to get?
Josh_M: I'd guess Jack Jones.

Rowdy Frederick make it through the spring without an OU offer?
Josh_M: Not IMO. OU is watching him closely from what I've gathered.

What do you do with Striker this year if you are in charge?
Josh_M: He'd almost force an amoeba front, no Strong/weak/etc. move him around and let offenses try to react to his alignment. Though I know with college practice schedule that's not always that practical.

whats up with matt dimon?
Josh_M: Just going through some things, I think he'll return.

Josh, looking at the OL offers I don't see many OU leans. Maybe Diesh? Do you expect Matt Farniok to get an offer?
Josh_M: It's possible but I kind of think not, I don't know why because Matt has good tape - better than Derek's and he has been visiting OU since he was about 7...but I just think if it was going to happen it would have by now.

Anything going on between Camron Williams and OU? Hardly hear him mentioned now
Josh_M: I'd heard he was going to visit and planned to ask him about it at the UA camp but he no showed.

Is Justice Hansen in trouble, if Kendall commits?
Josh_M: Not necessarily, I think there is just a question of how well Hansen fits what Riley wants to do. It's not that he can't do it it's that it might not be the most perfect use of his talent.

Pernell Jefferson making it back any time soon?
Josh_M: Not that he has told me but I can check in - you know how it is, most of these kid you HAVE to ask.

Chances any of the Jenks defensive backs get an offer if we miss out on top targets?
Josh_M: I think Stoner is possible, with Quillen I think his size will probably hinder that happening.

Offensive staff seems to have the personalities that will gel well. Same feeling about the defense?
Josh_M: Tough to say as I just don't know anything about Reynolds and what he is like as a person.

Who is the most highly rated recruit OU gets besides Caleb Kelly?
Josh_M: Austin Kendall.

OU is obviously looking at juco OL and lb. Any other positions to keep an eye out?
Josh_M: I'd heard DL might get a look, which surprised me but it did come up.

Josh, anything new on LBs Jackson and Terry?
Josh_M: Terry is a weird deal, I thought he was ready to pull on OU but clearly his ex coach is making an impact for Tech - can't help but wonder if that changes if Tech doesn't get on track on the field next year.

Will Tiger play in the Masters?
Josh_M: I'm going with yes, but with a caveat that he doesn't finish.

Josh, Sylvie still into OU?
Josh_M: No doubt about it.

Were you starting to waiver a little on Caleb Kelly still leaning to OU until you caught up with him?
Josh_M: Oh maybe a little, but again the connection is hard to miss with OU and the Fresno area/his trainer.

Chad Walkers spot been filled?
Josh_M: Not to my knowledge.

Dontavious Jackson blowing up...he cooling a bit on OU?
Josh_M: Not that I've heard, again every time I talk to the kid he is RAVING about OU and Kish, in particular. I'm going to go see him this spring and get him on video so you all can kind of hear him talk rather than just read it.

How much longer does Bundage drag it out? He seems like he could be left out quickly. Maybe that sends a message to Oklahoma recruits
Josh_M: I don't think OU is pushing Bundage particularly hard. I think they are being patient and see how he progresses/how things progress with some others.

Who's the most highly rated recruit OU will get besides Kelly and Kendall
Josh_M: Haha, man...nothing is ever enough! :) I'll go with Amani Bledsoe thanks to OU's ties in Kansas.

Josh, Sewo Olonilua what position does OU want him at? Any shot?
Josh_M: They want him as a LB, though he told me they aren't sure yet - need to link his video interview on the board.

Chris Daniels hands and feet were extremely impressive in the OL vs DL video. Needs to work on his power, but the technique seems close
Josh_M: I'm a huge, huge fan. Love his body type and think he has so much room to improve. While everyone fawns over Jones, I'd take Daniels eight days a week. Jones is, to me, a STRICTLY 3-4 two-gap NT.

Josh, Chris Daniels an OU lean? His video from Rivals camp he seemed really into Stoops always keeping in touch with him.
Josh_M: I think most are picking TCU but I think OU is a very, very legit contender.

Josh, is it just perception that since JM left that guys that were considered heavy leans to OU just fell off...did OU basically just stop recruiting them...again that's just the perception.
Josh_M: Bullard, no I don't think it's perception, he had built such strong bonds that I'm sure some guys felt 'well nothing can replace that'.

Who has the more impressive class, OU or TCU in the end? I really like their current commits and where they stand with some Dallas area guys
Josh_M: I'd pick OU, I think they'll build momentum as the year goes on - as they usually do.

Josh, Jared Mayden planning on visiting OU again this spring/summer? Sounds like he wants done by senior season.
Josh_M: Nope, going to visit Oregon, Alabama, and Florida State and then announce at the Opening.

Do Rashard Lawerence, Agim and Rashaun Smith end up at OU in JM is still here?
Josh_M: I might have picked the last two but Lawrence I feel like would have ended up staying in state either way.

Thoughts on where OU stands with Parrish Cobb? Where is he at in the recruiting process?
Josh_M: OU is in good shape, he really liked Cooks but I think the key to both he and Cuffee is selling the other.

Anything new with Chris Owens?
Josh_M: Not really he was one of two guys I really wanted to get at Dallas RCS.

Josh, CB Cuffee leaning to?
Josh_M: Don't know that he is but he is another guy I'm going to get by and see this spring.

Cuffe, Cobb and Sylvie for DB class?
Josh_M: Could be, would be interesting if OU could say no to Andraez Williams (and thus Rodarius).

Thought I read where Lawerence stated at the Rival's camp that had JM been here, he would have committed to OU by now
Josh_M: If he did, I missed it.

Josh, Chandler Garrett a Sooner NSD?
Josh_M: I don't think so, I keep hearing OU may take a second QB but I'm just not sure I think it's going to be him.

I know it's early, but roughly how many commits are we shooting for in this class?
Josh_M: I'm guessing around 20, it'll be smaller.

Josh, did OU even things up with A&M for Whaley?
Josh_M: I think they jumped ahead honestly.

Josh, Agim still an option? Rivals camp he said he'll get to OU sometime this spring. You surprised?
Josh_M: I am a bit surprised and did talk to some people about his situation during Dallas RCS, Scoop will have some more on that.

Next commit?
Josh_M: Austin Kendall.

Josh, is RB Adams still an option? Haven't heard much on him.
Josh_M: Yeah, that's a good point, I'll reach out and see if I can catch up with him.

Josh, Diesh still an OU lean?
Josh_M: That is what I'm thinking and he should be nearing a choice, need to talk with him this week.

Anything from Brandon Burton?
Josh_M: Still think he'll take a visit but I wouldn't get too focused on him, ha.

Josh, does OU win the Big 12 title this year?
Josh_M: I don't think so, think that defense has too many unanswered questions - particularly in the back half.

How'd the okprep kids look in Dallas. Tipsword? Jones? The 2017 kids
Josh_M: First (sorry full write-up coming) Tipsword wasn't bad, I thought it was a step in the right direction. Jones showed me some things at DE, not the twitchiest guy but showed some strength.

Josh_M: Brown couldn't make it due to an illness in the family. Quindon Lewis had moments but his footwork, pedal, transitions, etc. are still sloppy and it hurts him at times.

Josh, you really encouraged by what your hearing early reports about the offense?
Josh_M: I am, REALLY like what I'm hearing as far as its potential success though I think we all know that what I know of the offense just isn't the style that I think best suits A) winning NCs and B) the talent but again I'm getting the feeling they will put points on the board.

Josh, next commit not Kendall
Josh_M: man I'm going to start disallowing questions if I keep getting the 'who blah blah blah?' 'Ok who blah blah blah not X?' hahahaha. At any rate, I'll go with Diesch.

Josh, commit predictions Friday? What position is toughest to predict right now?
Josh_M: OL, without any question.

Josh, does Buddy stay?
Josh_M: Neb, we all know it's not my area of expertise but I'll go with...yes he'll stay.

Recruit flying under the radar that we should be on the lookout for an offer
Josh_M: Andre Anthony, keep an eye on him, really like him.

Next instate offer besides Frederick?
Josh_M: Might keep an eye on Reese Leitao - hard to ignore OU's work at Jenks.

Josh, Mark Jackson still into OU?
Josh_M: He is, a board member helped me with some contact info for him, need to get that ball rolling.

Josh, looking at your Spring game list of recruits do you see any possible commits?
Josh_M: No one jumps at me but again my list is in VERY preliminary stages.

Josh, 2017...Hines or Okudah Sooners?
Josh_M: I think Okudah is possible because I think Eisworth is possible.
Of the incoming safeties can you see any at CB?
Josh_M: Haughton could play there but don't think he will.

Caleb Kelly pull the trigger on Spring Game visit or he in no rush?
Josh_M: Nah, he'll take his time.

Are you surprised Kendall hasn't committed yet? Saw the Cats offered a new QB..
Josh_M: I am, I kind of keep thinking it's going to happen.

Josh, are we involved at all with Xavier Kelly?
Josh_M: Haven't heard him come up but I kind of keep thinking it will.

Josh, you still think that Cody Thomas is the best bet for this new offense?? Didn't you say that?
Josh_M: I think he is the guy who best fits it as far as his physical talent/game. But doesn't sound like he is taking off so far.

Knight or Mayfield....who you got?
Josh_M: I'd take Knight, I know the world loves Mayfield but I think it has to do with the spring game where we've all seen WAY too many 'stars' born only to watch them do nothing. Brent Rawls, Tommy Grady, all the way back to Hunter Wall...

JOSH, who will be next commit not counting Kendall, Diesch, Bundage and Surprise, Jackson. LOL
Josh_M: AHHHHHH

Biggest commit for OU in the last 5 years?
Josh_M: Great question...

Josh_M: I think it's hard to argue against Mixon. That was giving them so much momentum, shame it was ruined for reasons beyond OU's control.

If we're referring to at the time of their commitment...Joe Mixon?
Josh_M: I think you could make a good case for Brennan Clay.

Would Kelly be bigger than Mixon?
Josh_M: Nah, offensive guys are always going to get more splash unless you're talking flat out No. 1, top 5 guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.