ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
Ok with softball and baseball over, both represented the school well, its time to get back to football. Just looked at the 23 recruiting class, we added an OL and dropped in the rankings (#41). Since the addition of Manning Texas has added 5 players 4 of them OL. I have all the faith in the world that BV can coach, but this is a pivotal class, most of these kids will be JR's and SR's when we make the move to SEC.

Good points and I think starting out, OU may have to rely on Venables' coaching as much as, or more than, the level of talent on the roster.
That said, if OU loses 3-4 games this season but defeats Texas and OSU, I'll be satisfied.

Good points and I think starting out, OU may have to rely on Venables' coaching as much as, or more than, the level of talent on the roster.
That said, if OU loses 3-4 games this season but defeats Texas and OSU, I'll be satisfied.
If we lose 4 games there will be a lot of unhappy fans. I don’t see that happening. I’d be surprised if we lose 3. I’m thinking 2 at the most. I may be crazy but I really feel good about 2022.

Reactions: iasooner2000
So offensive tackle (Melissa high school) was committed to TCU. Took a visit to Texas this past weekend. Was offered 300k a yr in NIL deals. Was told how much better Texas is over TCU, that he will never make it to the league going to TCU. He was told he had to commit on the spot, cause they only have a few OL spots open. The coach telling him all this is Gary Patterson.

So offensive tackle (Melissa high school) was committed to TCU. Took a visit to Texas this past weekend. Was offered 300k a yr in NIL deals. Was told how much better Texas is over TCU, that he will never make it to the league going to TCU. He was told he had to commit on the spot, cause they only have a few OL spots open. The coach telling him all this is Gary Patterson.
Embarrassing state of today.

If we lose 4 games there will be a lot of unhappy fans. I don’t see that happening. I’d be surprised if we lose 3. I’m thinking 2 at the most. I may be crazy but I really feel good about 2022.
Anything is possible and I believe Venables deserves our patience this season. He has his work cut out for him reshaping the team mentally and physically.
Looking at OU's exit to the SEC, whenever it happens, I believe the Big 12 teams remaining will be focused on sending OU a "farewell" boot.... especially Baylor and OSU. Revenge will be their focus.
I feel good about 2022, especially as it marks OU returning to defensive play and playing sound football overall.
3-4 losses will bring out the doom and gloom in many of fans, but there is no doubt in me that the combination of Riley's exit and Venables hiring will be a benchmark event in this program's history, very similar to Makenzie's hiring in 1966 and Stoops' hiring in 1999.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT