ADVERTISEMENT

2022 OU Predictions

BTW: I heard that there is an energy brought on by BV and the coaching staff in the workouts that has not been witnessed in several years. A real sense of collective "team" effort. BV's open door policy has been very successful in calming the waters of the last six weeks.
My man! Rinse out the "entitled." Bring back work ethic. This is what built OUr program and has established it as one of the best historically. Imo. 👍

My man! Rinse out the "entitled." Bring back work ethic. This is what built OUr program and has established it as one of the best historically. Imo. 👍
One problem as I see it has been the lofty predictions every preseason about how great OU is and every year OU is NOT great. There's always two SEC teams, Clemson or Ohio State playing at a higher level...and playing defense. The OU post season record against teams of equal or better talent sucks since the 2000 championship....Stoops had a 9-9 bowl record....Riley had a 2-3 record, losing to Georgia, Alabama and LSU and beating Florida and Oregon was not that impressive.
Venables would be, and probably will be, wise to keep his players level headed and focused, away from media hype.....and the feelings of entitlement.

Last edited:
One problem as I see it has been the lofty predictions every preseason about how great OU is and every year OU is NOT great. There's always two SEC teams, Clemson or Ohio State playing at a higher level...and playing defense. The OU post season record against teams of equal or better talent sucks since the 2000 championship....Stoops had a 9-9 bowl record....Riley had a 2-3 record, losing to Georgia, Alabama and LSU and beating Florida and Oregon was not that impressive.
Venables would be, and probably will be, wise to keep his players level headed and focused, away from media hype.
Exactly brother, we somehow lost our way with what made us great for so long. Tbow rode Bob's wave. Luckily she jumped ship and now we can get back business. Playin punch you in yer face football. This is what Brent will bring. It's all falling into place imo.

With TBOW, Grinch and other assistants gone my expectations have gone up again, not expecting a Playoff Birth but hell why not? Any year OU doesn't make it it should be a down year, thats the big boy big time football mindset every OU Coach, Player and Fan should have. Afterall we are not Communists or Whorn fans.
Also the players that didn't want to be here are gone as well. Good riddance to them all and let the REAL OU FOOTBALL PROGRAM RISE UP AGAIN! Soft went out west and took its bitch with it. 😁

PS. And the Joy of knowing what USC fans will be feeling when they find out and didn't believe us when we tried to tell them about Riley and Grinch. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha

Maybe the meme I just made can make it more clear how I feel about the upgrade. 🤣

FLDaLHIWQAAm1sE

Game by games predictions in February are meaningless for OU.
12-1 would be great, but Venables has a lot of personnel upgrades to make both physically and mentally and it may not be fully actualized until the 2023 season. We are not going to see OU made into a team like Georgia or Alabama quickly.
Stoops took two years to resurrect OU for its 1990's drought and the players he inherited and recruited his first year were hungry and motivated and ready to restore OU's legacy.
Like Stoops, Venables inherits some good talent and has surprisingly landed a top 10 recruiting class. And like Stoops he is very motivated and happy to be at OU.
So all systems seem to be up and running for making OU elite again in 2-3 years.

Game by games predictions in February are meaningless for OU.
12-1 would be great, but Venables has a lot of personnel upgrades to make both physically and mentally and it may not be fully actualized until the 2023 season. We are not going to see OU made into a team like Georgia or Alabama quickly.
Stoops took two years to resurrect OU for its 1990's drought and the players he inherited and recruited his first year were hungry and motivated and ready to restore OU's legacy.
Like Stoops, Venables inherits some good talent and has surprisingly landed a top 10 recruiting class. And like Stoops he is very motivated and happy to be at OU.
So all systems seem to be up and running for making OU elite again in 2-3 years.
Stoops has said many times that he had the same talent in 1999 that he had in 2000. The difference being that it took him a year to recognize that he had square pegs in round holes as far as player positioning was concerned. He moved people around to fit their core skill sets and won a Natty. He said the change in staff served as a huge motivator for the players as a "team". I hope we are seeing the same attitude transformation in the locker room. This coaching staff is doing a very good job of taking a bad situation and turning it into a very positive for team. The team (rightfully so) thinks they are in a better place today under BV and Company, Good sign of things to come.

Regardless of record and accolades, 2022 is going to be a fun season to watch.
2021 felt like a pretty miserable season to watch. I can't put my finger on a single game that gave me much excitement.

I was nauseated by the KU game in Lowrentz...and “hopeful” with the Clones game. Then LR drove the wagon over the cliff. Middle finger salute to that golly gee loser !!

Win B12 and play Aggie for a win would be a great start.

I don't think we will be quite as good on the field, but it will still be seen as a more fun and refreshing year. I expect the players to play with more intensity.
You nailed it all in two sentences.
I will add that I expect to see players play fundamentally better football.

If they can improve on tackling and limit the missed assignments in the secondary, I dont see why this team can go undefeated and big 12 champs and a playoff win is what I see.

I’m not getting too excited until I see what kind of offense we have and how our QB plays next fall. I’m talking about the end of October or so. It all sounds good but nothing has happened yet and Spring ball isn’t enough to get a clear picture of things to come, IMO.

We should benefit from the weakness of the Big XII. It truly is embarrassing that we struggled so much last season. Baylor and Oklahoma State were solid teams but considering the talent disparity, they had no business beating Oklahoma the same way Kansas had no business keeping it close.

Even in 2022 and with all the departures, Oklahoma remains the most talented team in the conference but it would be understandable to see some struggles similar to last season but due to growing pains, not because the coaches are house shopping in Hollywood and happen to be softer than Charmin tp.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sooners go 13-0 with a new found attitude but I wouldn't bat an eye at 3 regular seasons losses because the X and Os were still coming together. The only way I'll be disappointed in 2022 is if we continue to see an entitled group that goes through the motions against inferior competition and shits their pants against their equals. Energy and effort for 4 quarters and I'll be as happy as TBOW in a sauna full of male models.

We should benefit from the weakness of the Big XII. It truly is embarrassing that we struggled so much last season. Baylor and Oklahoma State were solid teams but considering the talent disparity, they had no business beating Oklahoma the same way Kansas had no business keeping it close.

Even in 2022 and with all the departures, Oklahoma remains the most talented team in the conference but it would be understandable to see some struggles similar to last season but due to growing pains, not because the coaches are house shopping in Hollywood and happen to be softer than Charmin tp.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Sooners go 13-0 with a new found attitude but I wouldn't bat an eye at 3 regular seasons losses because the X and Os were still coming together. The only way I'll be disappointed in 2022 is if we continue to see an entitled group that goes through the motions against inferior competition and shits their pants against their equals. Energy and effort for 4 quarters and I'll be as happy as TBOW in a sauna full of male models.
Great post, bc.
For all the condemnation we hurl at Texas for having players who are entitled, the 2021 Sooners were plagued with the same.
Venables will not tolerate that mentality and I expect a very different team come September.

Great post, bc.
For all the condemnation we hurl at Texas for having players who are entitled, the 2021 Sooners were plagued with the same.
Venables will not tolerate that mentality and I expect a very different team come September.
Can we say that OU's poor display on the field was due to entitlement? I think not. It looked more like a lack of confidence than over confidence.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Can we say that OU's poor display on the field was due to entitlement? I think not. It looked more like a lack of confidence than over confidence.

Apathy. They didn't seem to care, generally speaking. It happens but it shouldn't happen every game almost. We've also had a history of establishing superiority early then going through the motions in the 2nd half as if we're expecting the other team to give up. In today's game We've seen that most no lead is safe and I'm a firm believer in continuing to play at the highest level until the opposition has clearly waved the white flag and then bringing in the backups.

I would say lack of preparedness & no killer instinct is what I saw.
Doesn't an entitlement attitude spawn a lack of preparedness and a killer instinct? That can happen when your team gets overhyped each year.
Whatever OU's issues were last year, as far as I'm concerned, it's all on Riley and his lackluster coaching effort. He cheated OU and his coaching profession in the way he plotted and schemed his exit.

Doesn't an entitlement attitude spawn a lack of preparedness and a killer instinct? That can happen when your team gets overhyped each year.
Whatever OU's issues were last year, as far as I'm concerned, it's all on Riley and his lackluster coaching effort. He cheated OU and his coaching profession in the way he plotted and schemed his exit.
Agreed! Now let's sit back and watch Karma being a bigger bitch than Lincoln Riley. Payback is a mofo.

I believe it's both, entitlement and lack of confidence. These young players sheepishly believe they are already great without the proper coaching. When they inevitably encounter defeat, they lose all confidence in their abilities. OU is finally going to instill the mindset that will prepare our humble athletes for huge success! Can't wait to see it all up and running!

New coach, new assistants, new players, new attitude. Will it all come together the first season? IDE like to see it but realistically I’m thinking 2 losses.

New coach, new assistants, new players, new attitude. Will it all come together the first season? IDE like to see it but realistically I’m thinking 2 losses.
Agree.
Through all the turmoil left in Riley's exit, I'm glad to see OU up and running again. It was worth the minor setback to get rid of Riley. The near future will reflect this.

I agree that the lack of preparedness and killer instinct has a trickle down effect. IMO that is on Riley and the coaching staff. It most certainly had a negative affect on Rattler's play.

ADVERTISEMENT