ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Schedule Updates...

Missouri State ? Give me a break.
Guess if we play defense like Texas Tech we might as well schedule like Texas Tech.

CT, You've been around long enough to know that this is how programs are encouraged to schedule non-conference opponents. One major program, one mid-level and one cupcake. No different than any other program. Except Tech or most teams in the SEC.

Reactions: iasooner1
CT, You've been around long enough to know that this is how programs are encouraged to schedule non-conference opponents. One major program, one mid-level and one cupcake. No different than any other program. Except Tech or most teams in the SEC.
True, but Missouri State is a reach downward much more than a UTEP, North Texas, Tulane, SMU or Louisiana Monroe.
No national power goes without an occasional dwarf throwing jamboree. I know that. But there should be some cutoff point to how far down the food chain a program wants to reach.

True, but Missouri State is a reach downward much more than a UTEP, North Texas, Tulane, SMU or Louisiana Monroe.
No national power goes without an occasional dwarf throwing jamboree. I know that. But there should be some cutoff point to how far down the food chain a program wants to reach.
Exactly. And I draw the line on Division II or DIAA or NAIA teams. Or JuCo teams. Might as well schedule the BroncBusters of Garden City, KS.

This reeks of what we rail on the SEC for...lack of scheduling real OOC games.

Reactions: BillyRay and CTOkie
For the next 10 or 12 years, OU has scheduled plenty of heavyweights with home-and-away series with the likes of UCLA, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, LSU, Tennessee and Houston. So, if they throw in the Missouri States, UL Lafayette and Bowling Green, I'm okay with that. But as MiccoMacey said, I hope OU doesn't schedule FCS or D2 schools.

Reactions: iasooner1
For the next 10 or 12 years, OU has scheduled plenty of heavyweights with home-and-away series with the likes of UCLA, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, LSU, Tennessee and Houston. So, if they throw in the Missouri States, UL Lafayette and Bowling Green, I'm okay with that. But as MiccoMacey said, I hope OU doesn't schedule FCS or D2 schools.
Missouri State is a DI-AA (FCS) school.

That's what I was thinking. I believe they used to be called SW Mizzou St and were in the same conference as UNI for awhile. Iowa plays UNI fairly often in Ia City only, as they are "too good" to come play in the UNI Dome for a crowd of 18K.

This can happen sometimes when teams back out of contracts and nobody wants to step up to become victims when they're down but the little guys will do it for the money. Mizzou did this to Iowa when Pinkel was there.

Reactions: Senior Sooner

Well hell! I stand corrected. I wrongfully assumed Missouri State moved up to D-1 FBS football recently. Now I see why some folks are a bit pissed about this schedule kerfuffle. Put me in with the "this really sucks" crowd.

You guys are missing the point. Missouri State lost to Youngstown State 38-10 last season, so this is an opportunity to used “insider” information and forgo having to take a trip to Plaster Stadium on April 19 to scout the Bears. Big savings.

Forget what I said about Gettysburg College.
They're nickname is The Bullets, which means they want to promote bloodshed, cruelty, war, racism, homophobia, Confederate monument and flag worship and kicking puppies.
Their sports teams should be eliminated. I'm appalled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT