ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruiting prediction on C&C Machine

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Currently we have 8 commitments; 6 - 3*s and 2 - 4*s (I've read that the latest 4* LB from Ca may not be a solid commit?)

C&C predicts the following (although we will be fortunate to get over 1/2 of those listed in their prediction): 6 - 3*s, 7 - 4*s and one 5-*

That adds up to a total of 22 commits: 12 - 3*s, 9 - 4*s and 1 - 5* (LB Caleb Kelly from Ca).

I know many on the board do not put a lot of stock in ratings but unfortunately, they do matter if you can get the right players. We are experiencing the proverbial "you reap what you sow" and we have not sewn well the last 3-4 years and it's showing in our recruiting. Further, even OSU is out recruiting us to this point. They received a commitment from the top player in Oklahoma. Ouch!

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2015/8/4/9091675/class-of-2016-prediction-august

Comments?

I don't follow close enough to know how this compares to August of any year.
The only counter point I could make is that lower ranked players are probably more willing to snatch up a good offer when they receive it, so as not to have the offer pulled and given to someone else.
But I think being at 22 commitments at this point in the year is also probably rare for us, there can't be much wiggle left. How many recruits can we have this year?

Currently we have 8 commitments; 6 - 3*s and 2 - 4*s (I've read that the latest 4* LB from Ca may not be a solid commit?)

C&C predicts the following (although we will be fortunate to get over 1/2 of those listed in their prediction): 6 - 3*s, 7 - 4*s and one 5-*

That adds up to a total of 22 commits: 12 - 3*s, 9 - 4*s and 1 - 5* (LB Caleb Kelly from Ca).

I know many on the board do not put a lot of stock in ratings but unfortunately, they do matter if you can get the right players. We are experiencing the proverbial "you reap what you sow" and we have not sewn well the last 3-4 years and it's showing in our recruiting. Further, even OSU is out recruiting us to this point. They received a commitment from the top player in Oklahoma. Ouch!

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2015/8/4/9091675/class-of-2016-prediction-august

Comments?
OU's recruiting right now is fine. In fact, OU leads for Kelly and Whaley and Eboh is sitting very well with many of the others on that list. OU has an excellent chance to get most of the guys listed. Chandler and Sylvie may end up 4*, but regardless, OU likes them both a great deal and both appear to be very good prospects. In fact, the only reach on the commitment list is Roberson, and OU offered him ahead of several higher ranked prospects, so OU has seen something in him at their camps that they really like. While OU has struck out on a few highly regarded prospects in the 2016 class, OU has hit home runs with Kendall, Youngquist and Sylvie, and will likely hit several more home runs before it's all said and done. The 2016 class has a chance to be very good.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT