ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Draft OU Free Agent Signings

Last edited:
You know what this tells me? With only four drafted players and three free agents this team had some hell of a great coaching and\or some great underclassmen. I believe both. Finished #4 in the country and look what Alabama, Clemson and tOSU lost.
I do not believe the loss of talent will diminish Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State much considering how each team has recruited over recent years.
Ohio State has two home games before OU, against Bowling Green and Tulsa, which should be good games for Meyers' young team to develop a little and to get acclimated to play in front of massive crowds. Like OU, OSU needs to keep its starting QB, J.T. Barrett, healthy.
OU will have a possible gut check game in its opener vs Houston two weeks before Ohio State, with Louisiana-Monroe the week before OSU.....and like Ohio State, OU will have played in front of huge crowds to start the season.
After Ohio State, OU travels to TCU then to Dallas which will likely be very tough games to win, especially considering how Texas has played OU in the last three games.

I do not believe the loss of talent will diminish Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State much considering how each team has recruited over recent years.
Ohio State has two home games before OU, against Bowling Green and Tulsa, which should be good games for Meyers' young team to develop a little and to get acclimated to play in front of massive crowds. Like OU, OSU needs to keep its starting QB, J.T. Barrett, healthy.
OU will have a possible gut check game in its opener vs Houston two weeks before Ohio State, with Louisiana-Monroe the week before OSU.....and like Ohio State, OU will have played in front of huge crowds to start the season.
After Ohio State, OU travels to TCU then to Dallas which will likely be very tough games to win, especially considering how Texas has played OU in the last three games.

What you say about the big dogs are true, but the fact is they are reloading. I don't consider this a reload year for us. Just fill some spots. Hope someone can come up with a Shepard type year.....Okay, never mind, maybe never be another Shep..

Agree. I think Bama and Ohio State could lose half of their team and still come back strong the very next season.

On the draft, I don't understand why any player would leave college early if they don't project to go in the top 3 rounds. Sanchez goes in the 5th and Dom Alexander didn't even get drafted. I don't know the financial situation, but I think both might have been better served if they stayed another season. Alexander may have played his last football game.

Reactions: BillyRay
What you say about the big dogs are true, but the fact is they are reloading. I don't consider this a reload year for us. Just fill some spots. Hope someone can come up with a Shepard type year.....Okay, never mind, maybe never be another Shep..
We will know for sure if Ohio State IS reloading.....or HAS reloaded.....on September 17th.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT