ADVERTISEMENT

14 it is OU

frou

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
14 tested positive for the corona. That's what, about low middle for teams that have reported their numbers? Still hoping with fingers crossed that we have a good, uninterrupted season and we all get through it.

Reactions: Schoonerman
I don't see the corona virus getting controlled until everyone is on the same page.
We're hedonistic and reckless in facing this pandemic.
Too many rallies, demonstrations, church services and mass partying.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Additionally, The Morning Report has Increased New Deaths...It's been puzzling that the higher rate of Diagnoses has accelerated, but the Death Count has remained lower...Today's Numbers are now on the rise...Headline ONLY...
Coronavirus in Oklahoma update: 427 new cases; 6 new deaths
Published: Thu, July 2, 2020 10:50 AM Updated: Thu, July 2, 2020 11:04 AM...

Reactions: iasooner1
I wonder how they’ll handle the 14. Obviously quarantined, but will they have a place to workout, assuming asymptomatic

Every day off the calendar, I see 2020 football and baseball fade away.

Only way it happens if the bean counters cannot find a way to make the math (monies) work. Saw where coaches at our with salaries over a certain amount are taking 10% pay cut; that comes to about $640,000 for LR.

Additionally, The Morning Report has Increased New Deaths...It's been puzzling that the higher rate of Diagnoses has accelerated, but the Death Count has remained lower...Today's Numbers are now on the rise...Headline ONLY...
Coronavirus in Oklahoma update: 427 new cases; 6 new deaths
Published: Thu, July 2, 2020 10:50 AM Updated: Thu, July 2, 2020 11:04 AM...
I'll fill in the blanks...

In the beginning only those showing symptoms of covid or those highly suspected of having corona virus were tested. Not many tests were available so you had to be really damn sick to get tested.

Now that the availability of testing has expanded, all kinds of people are being tested including everyone admitted to a hospital.

The discrepancy has everything to do with the number of tests being done now. The fatality rate will likely continue to decline as we test and identify many of those with mild or no symptoms that weren't being tested before.

Hope that helps! Stay safe and have a darn good 4th, SS!

I don't see the corona virus getting controlled until everyone is on the same page.
It is not going to be controlled. Is the Flu Virus controlled? It mutates every year and people die from it every year. This is more contagious. We're going to have to learn to live with some risk. But most people are not going to die. A ton of people are positive, but symptom free. There is more than a little evidence that those who are symptom free, are not only not contagious, but might actually help spread antibodies that will be good for everybody.

Problem is that the media does not want this solved. They want to exacerbate the situation, because they want to do everything they can to make the guy with Alzheirmers, the president. The truth is that we need to be careful. But we don't have to dry up all interaction and ruin the economy.

If you have symptoms, stay home. But we have idiots, like the frat boys at Bama, who intentionally tried to get the virus in some perverted bet. You can't fix stupid. But it's ever harder to fix corrupt when the corrupt control the flow of information.

I'll fill in the blanks...

In the beginning only those showing symptoms of covid or those highly suspected of having corona virus were tested. Not many tests were available so you had to be really damn sick to get tested.

Now that the availability of testing has expanded, all kinds of people are being tested including everyone admitted to a hospital.

The discrepancy has everything to do with the number of tests being done now. The fatality rate will likely continue to decline as we test and identify many of those with mild or no symptoms that weren't being tested before.

Hope that helps! Stay safe and have a darn good 4th, SS!

THANKS, and Backatcha, Medic! Seems as though we hear all sorts of things through the media, except the things that 'Expiring Minds Want To Know'. I couldn't make the puzzle pieces fit...Happy that you did it for me, and in 'Laywoman's Language'...I got it! Can't wait to impress my fellow seriously senior sooner friends! :p;)

Reactions: iasooner1
THANKS, and Backatcha, Medic! Seems as though we hear all sorts of things through the media, except the things that 'Expiring Minds Want To Know'. I couldn't make the puzzle pieces fit...Happy that you did it for me, and in 'Laywoman's Language'...I got it! Can't wait to impress my fellow seriously senior sooner friends! :p;)
I live covid-19 everyday so I'm always up to date on the latest. Lemme know if you need any info. If I don't have it, I'll get it.

I thought protesters were safe from infection? Weren't the stay at home orders amended with "unless you're going to a BLM or other anti cop protest"?

It is not going to be controlled. Is the Flu Virus controlled? It mutates every year and people die from it every year. This is more contagious. We're going to have to learn to live with some risk. But most people are not going to die. A ton of people are positive, but symptom free. There is more than a little evidence that those who are symptom free, are not only not contagious, but might actually help spread antibodies that will be good for everybody.

Problem is that the media does not want this solved. They want to exacerbate the situation, because they want to do everything they can to make the guy with Alzheirmers, the president. The truth is that we need to be careful. But we don't have to dry up all interaction and ruin the economy.

If you have symptoms, stay home. But we have idiots, like the frat boys at Bama, who intentionally tried to get the virus in some perverted bet. You can't fix stupid. But it's ever harder to fix corrupt when the corrupt control the flow of information.

That seems slanted. Is there a Covid -19 shot? Is there Tamiflu that gets you feeling human again in 2 days? Covid -19 is different and I believe will be eventually tamed (to a degree), but I believe this is an apple and orange comparison. I'm not saying the human race is a goner, but to dismiss it as a cousin of the flu at this point appears to be erroneous.

Reactions: Oklabama and CTOkie

By "controlled" I meant having a vaccine available. Until then we need a united effort.....masks, distancing and abiding by medical science instead of the media and politicians.
Covid-19 is here to stay.

For whatever reason, it’s killing bald guys at a much higher rate

I should be okay for another 5 years or so

Reactions: soonersoldier
That seems slanted. Is there a Covid -19 shot? Is there Tamiflu that gets you feeling human again in 2 days? Covid -19 is different and I believe will be eventually tamed (to a degree), but I believe this is an apple and orange comparison. I'm not saying the human race is a goner, but to dismiss it as a cousin of the flu at this point appears to be erroneous.
It's very erroneous. Excellent post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT